A Little Bird Told Me
by Sha Armstrong
A Little Bird Told Me is an easy-to-perform nativity for children in which a little bird tells some exciting news about the birth of a very special King.
"This is a wonderful resource that puts 'Christ' back into 'Christmas' in an infectiously fun-loving, yet straightforward, way. It is a charming nativity production where most of the hard work has been done in terms of music, story, plot and curriculum links. Even the least musical of practitioners will love this resource and be able to put on a great show."
Eye Magazine December 2013 A Performance Licence is required to perform A Little Bird Told Me. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below. Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About A Little Bird Told Me
With a simple script that's straightforward to stage and seven catchy songs that are fun to sing and easy to learn, A Little Bird Told Me
is an ideal nativity for children
in KS1 to perform.
On a cold, snowy night in the middle of winter, little Robin is shivering away wishing he could be somewhere a little warmer. A little bird tells him of some exciting news about the birth of a very special king far away in Bethlehem, and he is invited to join a flock of birds flying south to visit the baby. On their way they meet shepherds, angels and wise men and come up with their own unique present for Jesus.
This is a wonderful resource that puts 'Christ' back into 'Christmas' in an infectiously fun-loving, yet straightforward, way. It is a charming nativity production where most of the hard work has been done in terms of music, story, plot and curriculum links. Even the least musical of practitioners will love this resource and be able to put on a great show.
Eye Magazine December 2013
A Performance Licence is required to perform A Little Bird Told Me. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teachers Book with:
- Character list and staging suggestions
- Curriculum links
- Script and song lyrics
- Music score for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
25 minutes approx
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx)
|Sample Script||View sample script (PDF 80KB)|
View cast list (PDF 69KB)
There are 22 speaking parts in this production. This can easily be increased by splitting the narrator's and the birds' lines between more children.
The least number of performers is 23. This would require a teacher taking the narrator's part; only 4 birds; only 3 milky way stars (who would double up as a shepherd, and Mary and Joseph); the dove would double up as the star; and there would be no scene-setters.
Whole school: Have as many birds, milky way stars, shepherds, sheep, angels and scene-setters as you like.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
|Licence Information||Performance Licence Information |
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes