A Little Bird Told Me
by Sha Armstrong
A Little Bird Told Me is an easy-to-perform nativity for children in which a little bird tells some exciting news about the birth of a very special King.
"This is a wonderful resource that puts 'Christ' back into 'Christmas' in an infectiously fun-loving, yet straightforward, way. It is a charming nativity production where most of the hard work has been done in terms of music, story, plot and curriculum links. Even the least musical of practitioners will love this resource and be able to put on a great show."
Eye Magazine December 2013 An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity. For more information, please see below. Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About A Little Bird Told Me
With a simple script that's straightforward to stage and seven catchy songs that are fun to sing and easy to learn, A Little Bird Told Me
is an ideal nativity for children
in KS1 to perform.
On a cold, snowy night in the middle of winter, little Robin is shivering away wishing he could be somewhere a little warmer. A little bird tells him of some exciting news about the birth of a very special king far away in Bethlehem, and he is invited to join a flock of birds flying south to visit the baby. On their way they meet shepherds, angels and wise men and come up with their own unique present for Jesus.
This is a wonderful resource that puts 'Christ' back into 'Christmas' in an infectiously fun-loving, yet straightforward, way. It is a charming nativity production where most of the hard work has been done in terms of music, story, plot and curriculum links. Even the least musical of practitioners will love this resource and be able to put on a great show.
Eye Magazine December 2013
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teachers Book with:
- Character list and staging suggestions
- Curriculum links
- Script and song lyrics
- Music score for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
25 minutes approx
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx)
|Sample Script||View sample script (PDF 80KB)|
View cast list (PDF 69KB)
There are 22 speaking parts in this production. This can easily be increased by splitting the narrator's and the birds' lines between more children.
The least number of performers is 23. This would require a teacher taking the narrator's part; only 4 birds; only 3 milky way stars (who would double up as a shepherd, and Mary and Joseph); the dove would double up as the star; and there would be no scene-setters.
Whole school: Have as many birds, milky way stars, shepherds, sheep, angels and scene-setters as you like.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
Annual Performance Licence Information
A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff).
- You can purchase an Annual Performance Licence above (it is cheaper when purchased as part of a product pack).
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering.
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence.
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Annual Performance Licence will grant you permission to:
- Perform the work to an audience (other than pupils and staff in schools). A licence is required even if it is a 'free' performance and this is a worldwide copyright requirement.
- Install Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period) for the duration of the licence.
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways. Please note that if you have purchased an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, this will cover the digital usage permissions in points 2-8 above for these products but does not cover the performance rights in point 1 – an Annual Performance Licence will still be required.
How To Renew
You can renew your Annual Performance Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.