Same author as best-selling nativity Hey Ewe!
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM for easy rehearsing using highlighted lyrics synchronized with the music
Flexibility to rehearse scenes within individual classes
Fabulous script with template resources for creating your own baubles
Can be adapted for larger groups/whole school performances
At a school, somewhere not so far from you, excitement levels are reaching fever pitch with thoughts of the plentiful presents and parties that the Christmas season will bring. It’s clear to Mr Potts, the caretaker, that something may have been overlooked. With the assistance of some helpful mice, he sets to work to create some beautiful baubles for the bare, forgotten Christmas tree and helps the children to rediscover the true meaning of Christmas. With quirky characters such as directionally challenged kings, a moody donkey and a sheep that sleeps through an angelic visitation, this is a tinsel-tastic nativity like never before.
Children will love performing the traditional Christmas story with some not-so-traditional songs like I’d Rather Have A Bale Of Hay, Stop That Knocking! and Deep-A-Sleepy Sheep. There are plenty of opportunities for optional solos on four of the eight songs as well as some fun group singing in the mouse or sheep choruses, which are sure to entertain. We've made rehearsing Baubles! even easier with our Words on Screen™ CD ROM resource. Already hugely popular with lots of our songbooks, this CD ROM guides the children through the songs highlighting lyrics as they are sung and easily embeds the words and music in no time.
The Baubles! nativity has a great script that provides the opportunity to get creative with your sets and costumes and the book includes fabulous template resources for creating beautiful
A Performance Licence is required to perform Baubles! You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
bauble props. Each scene has the flexibility to be rehearsed as individual class groups, perfect to present as a whole-school production.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Teachers Book with:
- Character list
- Script with staging directions throughout
- Suggestions for rehearsing, staging and props
- Bauble templates which can be photocopied and enlarged (example)
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 8 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Transition tracks
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this nativity)
- Licence & copyright details
Words on Screen™ Online with:
(Available with the purchase of Words on Screen™ v2 Premium and Upgrade packs only)
- An online copy of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ v2 song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- All the features of your Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
27 minutes approx.
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx, excluding transition music)
Song 2: The Caretaker’s Song - solo verses for Mr Potts
Song 4: Follow A Shining Star - solos for each king
Song 5: I’d Rather Have A Bale Of Hay - solo lines for the donkey
Song 6: Stop That Knocking! - solo for each innkeeper
Song 7: Deep-A-Sleepy Sheep - part-singing
|Sample Script||View script sample|
|Cast List||View cast listView staging notes|
Cast notes: There are 26 speaking parts with option to increase as required.
For smaller groups, the least number of performers is 17. This would require an adult taking the narrator parts; only 2 mice; the 3 kings also playing the innkeepers and the 3 sheep (reduce the four sheep to two parts and add the snoring sheep); no townspeople, extra angels or sheep.
Whole school: The narrators’ parts can be split between as many as 40 children with one line each. Have as many schoolchildren, townspeople, mice, sheep and angels as you like. The headmaster part could be split into teachers’ parts to share between several children.
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|My Words on Screen™ Online|
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also have received a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your
Out of the Ark online account. There, you can instantly access your Words on Screen™ songs, songbook PDFs and audio MP3s at no additional cost*. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product. You will find these under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
* Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current annual Digital Site Licence or Performance Licence will be required.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
|Licence Information|| |
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a single user licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please select the Instant Performance Licence option which includes extended digital rights, or purchase a separate Standard Performance Licence.
Performance Licence Information
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes
|ISBN||9781906988630 Book & CD / 9781906988661 Book & CD ROM|