Same author as best-selling nativity Hey Ewe!
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM for easy rehearsing using highlighted lyrics synchronized with the music
Flexibility to rehearse scenes within individual classes
Fabulous script with template resources for creating your own baubles
Can be adapted for larger groups/whole school performances
At a school, somewhere not so far from you, excitement levels are reaching fever pitch with thoughts of the plentiful presents and parties that the Christmas season will bring. It’s clear to Mr Potts, the caretaker, that something may have been overlooked. With the assistance of some helpful mice, he sets to work to create some beautiful baubles for the bare, forgotten Christmas tree and helps the children to rediscover the true meaning of Christmas. With quirky characters such as directionally challenged kings, a moody donkey and a sheep that sleeps through an angelic visitation, this is a tinsel-tastic nativity like never before.
Children will love performing the traditional Christmas story with some not-so-traditional songs like I’d Rather Have A Bale Of Hay, Stop That Knocking! and Deep-A-Sleepy Sheep. There are plenty of opportunities for optional solos on four of the eight songs as well as some fun group singing in the mouse or sheep choruses, which are sure to entertain. We've made rehearsing Baubles! even easier with our Words on Screen™ CD ROM resource. Already hugely popular with lots of our songbooks, this CD ROM guides the children through the songs highlighting lyrics as they are sung and easily embeds the words and music in no time.
The Baubles! nativity has a great script that provides the opportunity to get creative with your sets and costumes and the book includes fabulous template resources for creating beautiful
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity. For more information, please see below.
bauble props. Each scene has the flexibility to be rehearsed as individual class groups, perfect to present as a whole-school production.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Other Recommended Titles:
Teachers Book with:
- Character list
- Script with staging directions throughout
- Suggestions for rehearsing, staging and props
- Bauble templates which can be photocopied and enlarged (example)
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 8 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Transition tracks
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this nativity)
- Licence & copyright details
Words on Screen™ Online with:
(Available with the purchase of Words on Screen™ v2 Premium packs only)
- An online copy of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ v2 song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- All the features of your Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
27 minutes approx.
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx, excluding transition music)
Song 2: The Caretaker’s Song - solo verses for Mr Potts
Song 4: Follow A Shining Star - solos for each king
Song 5: I’d Rather Have A Bale Of Hay - solo lines for the donkey
Song 6: Stop That Knocking! - solo for each innkeeper
Song 7: Deep-A-Sleepy Sheep - part-singing
|Sample Script||View script sample|
|Cast List||View cast listView staging notes|
Cast notes: There are 26 speaking parts with option to increase as required.
For smaller groups, the least number of performers is 17. This would require an adult taking the narrator parts; only 2 mice; the 3 kings also playing the innkeepers and the 3 sheep (reduce the four sheep to two parts and add the snoring sheep); no townspeople, extra angels or sheep.
Whole school: The narrators’ parts can be split between as many as 40 children with one line each. Have as many schoolchildren, townspeople, mice, sheep and angels as you like. The headmaster part could be split into teachers’ parts to share between several children.
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|My Words on Screen™ Online|
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also immediately receive a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your
Out of the Ark online account. The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product at no additional cost. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
You will find the PDFs and MP3s under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current Annual Performance Licence or Annual Digital Site Licence will be required to be able to continue streaming. Customers will receive a renewal notice by email 28 days before the end of the 12 month free period.
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a Words on Screen™ Single User Licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please purchase an Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights.
Annual Performance Licence Information
A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff).
- You can purchase an Annual Performance Licence above (it is cheaper when purchased as part of a product pack).
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering.
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence.
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Annual Performance Licence will grant you permission to:
- Perform the work to an audience (other than pupils and staff in schools). A licence is required even if it is a 'free' performance and this is a worldwide copyright requirement.
- Install Words on Screen™ songs files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ songs files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period) for the duration of the licence.
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways. Please note that if you have purchased an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, this will cover the digital usage permissions in points 2-8 above for these products but does not cover the performance rights in point 1 – an Annual Performance Licence will still be required.
How To Renew
You can renew your Annual Performance Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.
|ISBN||9781906988630 Book & CD / 9781906988661 Book & CD ROM|