by Mary Green and Julie Stanley
3-2-1-lift off! Join Neil Armstrong’s race to the moon and share the story by presenting a TV chat show, where your audience will learn why this spacecraft journey was such a giant leap for mankind.
Scroll down to listen to song clips
Click here for more titles in the That’s What I Call A Class Assembly! Series
Availability: In Stock
About Neil Armstrong
During the 1960s, the space race was at full throttle! Meet Neil Armstrong and his team of famous astronauts to find out what really happened in the race to land on the moon. Present a TV chat show to interview the astronauts, re-enact scenes from their early lives, conduct a fast-paced TV quiz show about the space race and perform some intergalactic music to enhance the exciting final-countdown moments before lift-off!
Includes four fantastic songs, four pages of cross-curricular ideas and extension work and a class assembly script. Go on and get groovy with suggested dance choreography for the song I’m Gonna Be An Astronaut and play instruments along to a spacey soundscape with the Space Music backing track.
We’ve also made it easy to support your curriculum requirements by providing an additional song Great Explorers, which compares space explorer Neil Armstrong with land explorer Christopher Columbus! Check out our new Class Assembly Christopher Columbus for more great resources.
Neil Armstrong includes Words on Screen™ Original songs on its enhanced CD.
Neil Armstrong is now an award-winning title.
SILVER - Primary Teacher Update (All Other Resources)
Other Recommended Titles:
|Series||That's What I Call A Class Assembly|
Teacher's Book with:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 4 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Recorder part for One Step On The Moon
- Dance troupe choreography suggestions
- Instrumental ensemble suggestions and backing track for Space Music
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced CD (for use with a computer and CD player) with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Additional instrumental tracks: Space Music and The Star-spangled Banner
- All songs in our Words on Screen™ Original software, where the songs are displayed onto any whiteboard or screen and the words synchronise with the music
- Printable script
- Printable lyric sheets for songs
|Running Time||20 minutes approx.|
|Sample Script||View sample script (53KB)|
|Cast List||View castlist (56KB)|
|Primary Teacher Update Review||2015 Primary Teacher Update Awards Tester Score 86.1%What the tester said:”Easy to use with great, printable sheets. Clear music with and without voices. Clear ideas how to match the curriculum and could also be used as a classroom resources for learning the songs and taking part in activities.”|
|Words on Screen™ Original||What is Words on Screen™ Original? Click here to view a Words on Screen™ Original tutorial video by Gemma Hunt, or play the sample video below.|
|Words on Screen™ Original System Requirements|
Click here for system requirements.
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.