About Pirates Versus Mermaids
Works as a whole school production, but for smaller productions most suited to years 3 and 4
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM for easy rehearsing using highlighted lyrics synchronized with the music
Adaptable script for large group performances
From the authors of best-selling nativity A Midwife Crisis
Me Hearty High School is the most distinguished pirate school on the seven seas and the trainee pirates can’t wait to graduate and become proper pirates. There is only one problem… none of them can swim! If they can't swim they will fail their ‘Arrr’ levels and then what will they do? The answer to their problem lies with the mermaids, but the pirates do not like the mermaids and the mermaids do not like the pirates - will they ever find a way to get along?
With seven fantastic songs and a hilarious script, join Captain Scarypants on a swashbuckling adventure with his band of brave pirates, a hungry crocodile, a crew of feisty mermaids and, of course, one insane parrot!
Available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this musical. For more information, please see below.
Teachers Book with:
- Character list
- Script with staging directions throughout
- Suggestions for rehearsing, staging and props
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Music score for curtain-call
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Curtain-call tracks
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
- Link to Charleston videos
Words on Screen™ Online with:
(Available with the purchase of Words on Screen™ v2 Premium and Upgrade packs only)
- An online copy of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ v2 song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- All the features of your Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
40 minutes approx.
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx, excluding curtain-call music)
Song 2: We Don’t Like Mermaids - part singing
Song 3: Avast! Ahoy! - part singing
Song 4: I’m A Parrot - solo for the parrot
Song 5: Out Of Your League - optional harmony in second and third chorus
Song 6: Pool Party - part-singing
|Sample Script||View script sample|
|Cast List||View cast list and staging notes |
Cast notes: There are 26 speaking parts with option to increase up to 58 as required.
For smaller groups, the least number of performers is 24. this would mean having only one narrator, the two announcers doubling up as the crocodile and delivery man and having just 7 pirates and 8 mermaids. The ‘sea’ would need to be created without the children’s help.
Whole school: Have as many pirates and mermaids as you like; split the narration between lots of children; for more speaking parts than 26, split the pirate crew and mermaid crew lines between 21 and 17 children respectively, instead of 6, creating 58 speaking parts.
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|My Words on Screen™ Online|
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also immediately receive a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your
Out of the Ark online account. The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product at no additional cost. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
You will find the PDFs and MP3s under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current Annual Performance Licence or Annual Digital Site Licence will be required to be able to continue streaming. Customers will receive a renewal notice by email 28 days before the end of the 12 month free period.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a Words on Screen™ Single User Licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please purchase an Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights.
Annual Performance Licence Information
A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff).
- You can purchase an Annual Performance Licence above (it is cheaper when purchased as part of a product pack).
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering.
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence.
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Annual Performance Licence will grant you permission to:
- Perform the work to an audience (other than pupils and staff in schools). A licence is required even if it is a 'free' performance and this is a worldwide copyright requirement.
- Install Words on Screen™ songs files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ songs files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period) for the duration of the licence.
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways. Please note that if you have purchased an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, this will cover the digital usage permissions in points 2-8 above for these products but does not cover the performance rights in point 1 – an Annual Performance Licence will still be required.
How To Renew
You can renew your Annual Performance Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.
|ISBN||9781906988692 Book & CD / 9781906988708 Book & CD ROM|