Pirates Versus Mermaids
A Musical Treasure Chest
by Gaynor Boddy and Rebecca Kincaid
Heave-ho and away we go on a fantastic musical journey, where the seven seas just aren’t big enough for our pirates and mermaids! Filled with catch-of-the-day fresh songs and an adventure-packed script, the boys will show off their swaggers and the girls will sparkle – so hoist the sail and come aboard! A Performance Licence is required to perform Pirates Versus Mermaids. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About Pirates Versus Mermaids
Works as a whole school production, but for smaller productions most suited to years 3 and 4
Words on Screen™ Original CD ROM for easy rehearsing using highlighted lyrics synchronized with the music
Adaptable script for large group performances
From the authors of best-selling nativity A Midwife Crisis
Me Hearty High School is the most distinguished pirate school on the seven seas and the trainee pirates can’t wait to graduate and become proper pirates. There is only one problem… none of them can swim! If they can't swim they will fail their ‘Arrr’ levels and then what will they do? The answer to their problem lies with the mermaids, but the pirates do not like the mermaids and the mermaids do not like the pirates - will they ever find a way to get along?
With seven fantastic songs and a hilarious script, join Captain Scarypants on a swashbuckling adventure with his band of brave pirates, a hungry crocodile, a crew of feisty mermaids and, of course, one insane parrot!
We’ve made rehearsing Pirates Versus Mermaids musical even easier with our Words on Screen™ Original CD ROM. This hugely popular whiteboard resource guides the children through the songs highlighting lyrics as they are sung and easily embeds the words and music in no time.
A Performance Licence is required to perform Pirates Versus Mermaids. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
|ISBN||9781906988692 Book & CD / 9781906988708 Book & CD ROM|
Teachers Book with:
- Character list
- Script with staging directions throughout
- Suggestions for rehearsing, staging and props
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Music score for curtain-call
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Curtain-call tracks
Words on Screen™ Original CD ROM with:
- Interactive whiteboard lyrics synchronized with vocal and backing tracks
- Reference sheet guides
- Script - printable PDF (read only)
- Song lyrics - printable PDF (read only)
40 minutes approx.
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx, excluding curtain-call music)
Song 2: We Don’t Like Mermaids - part singing
Song 3: Avast! Ahoy! - part singing
Song 4: I’m A Parrot - solo for the parrot
Song 5: Out Of Your League - optional harmony in second and third chorus
Song 6: Pool Party - part-singing
|Sample Script||View script sample|
|Cast List||View cast list and staging notes |
Cast notes: There are 26 speaking parts with option to increase up to 58 as required.
For smaller groups, the least number of performers is 24. this would mean having only one narrator, the two announcers doubling up as the crocodile and delivery man and having just 7 pirates and 8 mermaids. The ‘sea’ would need to be created without the children’s help.
Whole school: Have as many pirates and mermaids as you like; split the narration between lots of children; for more speaking parts than 26, split the pirate crew and mermaid crew lines between 21 and 17 children respectively, instead of 6, creating 58 speaking parts.
|Words on Screen™ Original||What is Words on Screen™ Original? Click here to view a Words on Screen™ Original tutorial video by Gemma Hunt, or play the sample video below.|
|Words on Screen™ Original System Requirements|
Click here for system requirements.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
|Licence Information|| |
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a single user licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please select the Instant Performance Licence option which includes extended digital rights, or purchase a separate Standard Performance Licence.
Performance Licence Information
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes