by Mary Cliff and Kelly Fort
Prickly Hay is an exciting new nativity musical with a fun hoedown flavour. It is narrated by Sam, a hardworking stable boy, and features himself, his faithful friend Shrew and some very special visitors. Now available with Words on Screen™ v2.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity. For more information, please see below. Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About Prickly Hay
The Prickly Hay nativity
combines a very simple script by Mary Cliff with eight catchy songs from Kelly Fort. Incorporating a variety of musical styles, this is a fun and heart-warming nativity musical that is ideal for 4-8 year olds.
The Prickly Hay story
begins with Sam, a hardworking young stable boy, trying to keep the stable clean and the hay fresh for all the animals in his stable - a very smelly job! No one seems to notice his hard work and it's making Sam feel very insignificant. His ever-faithful friend, Shrew, tries to keep his spirits up, but Sam is finding it hard to feel important at all.
However, as crowds gather in Bethlehem for the census and the inns fill up, some very special visitors are shown to Sam's stable. Gradually, as the miraculous events of the night unfold, Sam starts to realise his worth - with a little help from his friend Shrew!
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teachers Book with:
- Character list
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 8 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Additional sound effects e.g. Crying Baby Jesus
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this nativity)
- Licence & copyright details
Words on Screen™ Online with:
(Available with the purchase of Words on Screen™ v2 Premium packs only)
- An online copy of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ v2 song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- All the features of your Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
|Running Time||35 minutes approx.|
View sample script 1
View sample script 2
|Cast List||View cast list Some of the groups of characters can be adapted to suit the size of your production.|
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|My Words on Screen™ Online|
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also immediately receive a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your
Out of the Ark online account. The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product at no additional cost. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
You will find the PDFs and MP3s under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current Annual Performance Licence or Annual Digital Site Licence will be required to be able to continue streaming. Customers will receive a renewal notice by email 28 days before the end of the 12 month free period.
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a Words on Screen™ Single User Licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please purchase an Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights.
Annual Performance Licence Information
A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff).
- You can purchase an Annual Performance Licence above (it is cheaper when purchased as part of a product pack).
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering.
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence.
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Annual Performance Licence will grant you permission to:
- Perform the work to an audience (other than pupils and staff in schools). A licence is required even if it is a 'free' performance and this is a worldwide copyright requirement.
- Install Words on Screen™ songs files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ songs files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period) for the duration of the licence.
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways. Please note that if you have purchased an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, this will cover the digital usage permissions in points 2-8 above for these products but does not cover the performance rights in point 1 – an Annual Performance Licence will still be required.
How To Renew
You can renew your Annual Performance Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.
|ISBN||9781906988166 Book & CD / 9781911430063 Book & CD ROM|