The Ancient Greeks
by Mary Green and Julie Stanley
It's Greek Day at school and everyone is involved - even Mrs Plato, the dinner lady. With the help of the Ancient Greek Teacher, the children discover ancient myths, legends and fables, take part in the original olympic games, perform Aesop's The Hare and the Tortoise
and find out how Pheidippedes ran the first marathon.
Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Click here for more titles in the That’s What I Call A Class Assembly! Series
Buy two Class Assembly titles for ONLY £30 saving £3.90!
Simply order online or call us on 020 8481 7200.
Availability: In Stock
About The Ancient Greeks
This brand new series of books with enhanced CD has been written to support and reinforce what children are already learning in their history topics. Through performing the catchy, fact-based songs alongside the short play, children will find it easier to retain the information they have learnt. They can then showcase their work either in a school assembly or in their own classroom.
The Ancient Greeks includes Words on Screen™ Original songs on its enhanced CD.
Other Recommended Titles:
|Series||That's What I Call A Class Assembly|
Teacher's Book with:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 3 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Recorder part for The Olympians
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced CD (for use with a computer and CD player) with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- All songs in our Words on Screen™ software, where the songs are displayed onto any whiteboard or screen and the words synchronise with the music
- Printable script
- Printable lyric sheets for songs
|Running Time||20 minutes approx.|
|Sample Script||View sample script (66 KB)|
|Cast List||View Cast List (38 KB)|
|Cross Curricular||Example of creative cross-curricular ideas from The Ancient Egyptians (1.2MB)|
|Words on Screen™ Original||What is Words on Screen™ Original? Click here to view a Words on Screen™ Original tutorial video by Gemma Hunt, or play the sample video below.|
|Words on Screen™ Original System Requirements|
Click here for system requirements.
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.