About The Magical Christmas Jigsaw
Same authors as best-selling nativity Children Of The World
Cleverly designed script with the flexibility to rehearse scenes within individual classes or groups, which can be brought together in one or two final rehearsals
Tailored for use with a mixture of ages if desired, including an optional scene and song if very young children are participating
At a bustling Christmas market full of the joyful sounds of carol singers and cheeky market sellers, five excited children come across a very special stallholder who gives them a tatty old Christmas jigsaw in return for the promise that they will find time to complete it on Christmas Eve. As the children gradually piece the jigsaw together with the help of a very special visitor, the Christmas story comes to life with all the traditional nativity characters.
With a fantastic array of catchy songs and an enchanting script, The Magical Christmas Jigsaw is a wonderful nativity for the primary age group. Designed to be rehearsed in individual groups during class time and pieced together for the final production, this flexible nativity is perfect for busy teachers!
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
A Performance Licence is required to perform The Magical Christmas Jigsaw. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Teachers Book with:
- Synopsis of the story
- Cast list by scene
- Staging and rehearsal notes
- Top tips for teaching the songs
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 10 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Additional instrumental tracks
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this nativity)
- Licence & copyright details
Words on Screen™ Online with:
(Available with the purchase of Words on Screen™ v2 Premium and Upgrade packs only)
- An online copy of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ v2 song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- All the features of your Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
45 minutes approx
(Total length of music: 21 minutes approx)
Song 1: Roll Up, Roll Up! - includes part-singing
Song 2: The Forgotten Toys - includes a solo, a duet and a trio
Song 6: We Sing Of The Birth - can be sung as a 2, 3 or 4-part round
Song 10: Now Our Story Has Been Told - includes part-singing
|Sample Script||View sample script (PDF 136.8KB)|
View cast list (PDF 129.7KB)
Cast notes: There are 47 speaking parts in this production. Each scene has a separate cast and none of the characters from each scene appear in any other scene, so it can be rehearsed in separate class groups and brought together in just one or two final rehearsals to complete the jigsaw.
Whole school: To include a whole school there are 6 large speaking parts, 9 medium speaking parts and 32 small speaking parts. There are some unison lines for the Romans and innkeeper's relatives and lots of non-speaking parts for shoppers/carol singers/Nazarenes/star dancers/silver angel host/Herod's wives/other courtiers and (optional) hens and mice. Each scene can be rehearsed in individual class groups as there are no overlapping characters and there are between 6 and 13 speaking parts per scene and lots of non-speaking parts to involve as big a group as you'd like.
In theory you could have fewer speaking parts (or lots of non-speaking parts all played by the same kids) by doubling up and having one group play all the parts in two different scenes, but this would mean that you couldn’t make up a complete nativity tableau at the end for Scene 7. It is adaptable though for a smaller cast.
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|My Words on Screen™ Online|
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also have received a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your
Out of the Ark online account. There, you can instantly access your Words on Screen™ songs, songbook PDFs and audio MP3s at no additional cost*. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product. You will find these under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
* Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current annual Digital Site Licence or Performance Licence will be required.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
|Licence Information|| |
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a single user licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please select the Instant Performance Licence option which includes extended digital rights, or purchase a separate Standard Performance Licence.
Performance Licence Information
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes
|ISBN||9781906988401 Book & CD / 9781906988920 Book & CD ROM|