About The Vikings
Come aboard the longship as a group of Viking men and their sons prepare to go a-Viking, crossing the sea to invade the Lindisfarne monastery. Take part in a choreographed invasion set to exciting music and learn all about how the Vikings raided, the important role of the Viking women and the Vikings' legacy.
Includes fun cross-curricular ideas, e.g. Researching Viking musical instruments (e.g. lyres, wooden pipes, cow-horn bugles, drums, bone whistles); Inventing a Viking raid relay game with two or three teams lined up as though in a longship (includes instructions for a game).
The Vikings includes Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM on its enhanced CD, allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
The Vikings is now an award-winning title.
GOLD AND OVERALL WINNER - Primary Teacher Update (All Other Resources)
|Series||That's What I Call A Class Assembly|
Teacher's Book with:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 3 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Recorder part for Who'd Be A Viking Woman?
- Viking invasion choreography and percussion ideas
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced CD (for use with a computer and CD player) with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Words on Screen™ software with Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores and script
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 PDF user guide and player Quick Tour
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
Words on Screen™ Online with:
- An online copy of the Words on Screen™ software to stream or download on-the-go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ v2 song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- All the features of your Enhanced Audio CD with Words on Screen™ v2
|Running Time||20 mins approx.|
|Sample Script||View sample script (43KB)|
View Cast List (37 KB)
29 speaking parts. Some of the groups of characters can be adapted to suit the size of your production.
|Primary Teacher Update Review||2014 Primary Teacher Update Awards Tester Score 94.4%What the tester said:”The songs were appealing and liked by both boys and girls and also enhanced knowledge on the Vikings making an otherwise ordinary assembly into a more engaging lively performance. A brilliant idea for when the children are studying that particular topic and great fun too. We really enjoyed testing this product. The final song was challenging for even the more able students but provided differentiation in the lesson.”|
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|My Words on Screen™ Online|
If you have purchased a Book & Enhanced Audio CD online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also have received a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your Out of the Ark online account. There, you can instantly access your Words on Screen™ songs, songbook PDFs and audio MP3s at no additional cost. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product. You will find these under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current annual Digital Site Licence will be required.
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with Book and Enhanced Audio CD with Words on Screen™ v2 option is a single user licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the Words on Screen™ software onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please select the annual Digital Site Licence option.
Digital Site Licence
With so many songbooks and audio files purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Out of the Ark’s annual Digital Site Licences are the perfect solution!
Cost-effective and flexible, our digital licences give you peace of mind so that you know you are covered for all kinds of digital usage including permission to:
- Install songs or Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school's premises
- Upload digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copy MP3 audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permit usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burn copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes
You will need to purchase an annual Digital Site Licence for each individual title and renew your licence each year.