With new frontiers to claim across the Atlantic, not to mention a large Spanish reward, learn about what it took for Christopher Columbus to discover a new continent using these fantastic new songs and script, recorder and drum music. Olé!
About Christopher Columbus
In 1492, everyone thought Columbus was crazy to sail west into the unknown! Learn about his adventures across the Atlantic on ships Santa Maria, Pinta and Niña. Share in the crew's struggle with provisions, celebrate as they eventually catch sight of dry land and meet the natives of San Salvador as they drum, dance and trade with the visitors.
Includes five fantastic songs, recorder and drum music, four pages of cross-curricular ideas and extension work, and a class assembly script. There’s even the opportunity to choreograph a native dance to perform alongside the drum music.
We’ve also made it easy to support your curriculum requirements by providing an additional song Great Explorers, which compares land explorer Christopher Columbus with space explorer Neil Armstrong! Check out our new Class Assembly Neil Armstrong for more great resources.
Christopher Columbus includes Words on Screen™ Original songs on its enhanced CD.
Click here for system requirements.
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.
The following items are available for this product:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 4 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Piano score and recorder part for Spanish Music
- Drumming part for The Natives’ Greeting
- Suggested dance actions for The Natives’ Greeting
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced Audio CD
Enhanced Audio CD with Words on Screen™ with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks, including Spanish Music instrumental track
- All songs in our Words on Screen™ Original software, where the songs are displayed onto any whiteboard or screen and the words synchronise with the music
- Printable script
- Printable lyric sheets for songs
Year 2 performed this to their parents as part of their WOW day and it was amazing! The parents commented how the children learnt so many facts from singing the songs.