A Midwife Crisis
by Gaynor Boddy and Rebecca Kincaid
A Midwife Crisis is a delightful modern nativity play about a busy midwife.
With the help of a very flustered midwife and her put-upon donkey Steve, the Nativity story unfolds in a hilarious but thought-provoking script, which alongside six really fun, catchy songs makes A Midwife Crisis the ideal choice for your Christmas production. A Performance Licence is required to perform A Midwife Crisis. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About A Midwife Crisis
In this modern nativity play
, a very busy midwife who never misses an important birth is extremely excited when she hears that a king is about to be born in Bethlehem. She rushes out into the night in search of a shiny golden palace fit for a king. Her donkey Steve doesn’t think he’s ever heard of Bethlehem Palace, but the midwife is in no mood to listen – where else would a king be born?
On reaching Bethlehem, the townspeople, shepherds and kings that they come across haven't heard of Bethlehem Palace either and the midwife starts to panic. However, with the help of some gospel-singing angels and a very bright star, the midwife is led to a humble stable to find the very special baby already waiting for her.
With a hilarious script and six really fun, catchy songs, this modern nativity play
is the ideal choice for your Christmas production.
A Performance Licence is required to perform A Midwife Crisis. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teachers Book with:
- Character list
- Script with staging directions throughout
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 6 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
35 minutes approx.
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx.)
Song 1: What A Commotion! - part-singing
Song 3: Star Song - two solo verses for the Star
Song 5: God's Messengers - backing vocals
|Sample Script||View sample script (PDF 88KB)|
View cast list (PDF 79KB)
Cast notes: There are 28 speaking parts that can be easily increased by splitting the narrator's, the census-takers' and the shepherds' lines between more children. To expand this play to include more performers, you could have as many townspeople, sheep and angels as you like.
For smaller groups, the least number of performers is 16. This would require a teacher taking the narrator's part as well as some performers doubling up their roles and reducing other character groups.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
|Licence Information||Performance Licence Information |
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes