This collection of fifteen feel-good songs by Mark, Helen and Naomi Johnson is an invaluable resource for the autumn term, certain to liven up any school assembly. An exciting addition to the hugely popular Songs for EVERY series, this book contains a selection of upbeat, relevant songs which are great fun to sing and ideal for primary school children of all ages. Themes include thanksgiving, harvest, bonfire night, anti-bullying and new beginnings – with no shortage of joyful songs to explore all the wonder and colour of this magical season of change.
With catchy tunes in a wide variety of styles, and positive topics to get every day off to a great start, teachers can continue to use this assembly songbook from year to year. As with all of our EVERY collections, the songs are the foundation for a whole host of music activities and curriculum-linked ideas, plus this book includes fifteen fabulous assembly plans that are accessible and teacher-friendly.
About The Songs For EVERY series
The Songs For EVERY Series was created by Out of the Ark Music co-founders Mark & Helen Johnson and has provided enjoyment and inspiration for many years. These tried and tested songs continue to have a hugely positive impact upon countless schools and children everywhere, and our belief in their values and potential has led us to produce this refreshed and updated version of the series that gives you a whole lot more.
Knowing how much potential there is in these fabulous songs, we’ve included a feast of original and exciting music activities for you to use alongside them in the activity songbook. We want to help you to grab hold of EVERY musical possibility contained within each and EVERY song and enjoy the learning opportunities they bring. Additionally, our imaginative ideas pages will open up the thematic content of the songs by linking with the wider curriculum and beyond. Our aim is to provide inroads towards creative music education using material that we know will equip, give confidence and inspire everyone.
All of the titles in the Songs For EVERY Series are available with Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Words on Screen™ Licence Information – What You Need To Know
- All of our eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only, or be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install our software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, you need an Annual Digital Site Licence which includes extended digital rights.
- A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
- An Annual Digital Site Licence does not include the right to perform any of our nativities or musicals. An Annual Performance Licence will be required. Find out more about Performance Licences.
- To renew your Annual Digital Site Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
The following items are available for this product:
- 4 colour pages of imaginative ideas & curriculum links relating to the theme of the book
- At-a-glance song information chart providing an overview and links to the music curriculum
- Fantastic music activity pages with teaching tips for each song, linking to fun and focussed learning
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 15 songs (piano music score, melody and chords)
- 15 fabulous assembly plans to help deliver Collective Worship. Thenes include: Fireworks & Festivals, Autumn Feelings, A Wonderful World, Sleeping & Stillness
- Glossary of musical terms, specifically to help non-specialists
- Licensing and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Digital Site Licence
This licence enables you to install the Words on Screen™ software for this title onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
If you have purchased multiple Words on Screen™ titles, this licence enables you to install the software for these titles onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs. (A cost-effective alternative to buying 4 or more single licences).
Get your school year of to a joyous, musical start with seasonally themed songs.
Are you any good at writing music and lyrics for children? No, me neither. Even teachers who have the requisite creativity would probably not have the time. Thank goodness for Out of the Ark, then. They really have perfected the art of producing excellent song-based resources, precisely pitched for primary children to suit every part of the school calendar. For me, the autumn term has a character all of its own. Stretching from the first tentative days of the school year, right up to the excitement of Christmas, itis all about change, hope and thankfulness. With these latest two releases, Out of the Ark have really captured the essence of this season. Songs for Every Autumn Assembly does exactly what it says in the title. Through fifteen catchy songs, it covers themes from new beginnings to bonfires. Each one has a charm of its own but, for me, there was something particularly lovely about the gently melodic Dance of the Leaves. I can also see the irresistibly foot-tapping Fireworks! becoming a firm favourite. The product comes with music and lyrics in a choice of formats. There are also plenty of extras, such as assembly plans to accompany Songs for Every Autumn Assembly.