The Big Little Nativity is a wonderfully easy and enjoyable telling of the traditional nativity. It’s BIG because it’s a huge story, with show-stopping songs; it’s LITTLE because it’s super-simple for younger voices and easily taught with limited time.
With seven fabulously catchy songs and a simple, fun script, this is the perfect nativity to use to perform a BIG story with LITTLE voices, and maximum enjoyment all round!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
A big story for small voices, full of both oomph and cuteness at once!
About The Big Little Nativity
- Written by Mark, Helen & Naomi Johnson, the writers of It’s A Miracle!
- Fun curriculum links are provided as well as an editable script to suit individual needs
- Some crafts and prop making are required, a perfect opportunity to get creative
From the writing team that brought you the best-selling nativity It’s A Miracle!, The Big Little Nativity by Mark, Helen and Naomi Johnson features seven showstopping songs and a fantastic, flexible and humorous script. Written specifically for 3-7 year-olds, this original musical includes everything you need to put on a BIG show with LITTLE stress!
Available with a Words on Screen™ eSongbook allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a Premium package that includes an eSongbook.
View cast list
View staging and percussion ideas
There are speaking parts for 26 and 16 essential non-speaking parts (tree, 5 doors, 4 innkeepers, 3 camels and at least 3 extra shepherds). The speaking parts can be increased by splitting the narrators’ lines between lots of children. If you have a small cast, Gabriel, Caesar and the List could double up as three of the angels; the Tree could also take the parts of Reader 1, Reader 2 and one of the camels; the 5 doors could double up as the wise men and two of the camels. If you have a large cast, have as many non-speaking shepherds as you like to sing and dance, lots of non-speaking angels to create a large host and a huge group of carol singers/choir members.
(Total length of music: 13 minutes approx)
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list
- Costumes and percussion ideas
- Staging and prop suggestions
- Curriculum links
- Script and song lyrics
- Music score for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts (including editable script*) & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
We have loved doing this nativity. The music is excellent and we can still hear the children singing the songs around school. We were able to use the ‘bubble’ ideas too, to separate the show between 6 classes. Just brilliant. Thank you!
Perfect for 3-7 year olds. We love it!
We love the nativity - it’s perfect for our 3-7 year olds; the songs are absolutely wonderful. Our headteacher watched our dress rehearsal last week and commented to me what lovely songs they were. We have added a mixture of actions and BSL signs too and it’s really gone down a storm. Thank you for your hard work creating it.
Great show for young students
My students and I love the music. It is super catchy and they even will go home and sing it for their parents! I had to add some movement to the songs to add some visual interest as well as editing the script to be more suitable for students this young. I can't imagine any of my kindergarteners preschoolers saying these lines but I guess that is why the age range goes up to 7. I am most pleased with the music. It is super cute and easy for the students to learn. The accompaniments aren't boring and the songs aren't just the same Christmas songs over and over.
A real Christmas showstopper for KS1
‘With careful planning and organisation, I feel that this could be a real Christmas showstopper for KS1.’ ‘Familiar as many readers will be with Out of the Ark repertoire, the songs do not disappoint, ranging from sweetly lyrical with excerpts of O Come All Ye Faithful, to a samba for the kings/camels and a funky party song complete with wah-pedal guitar for the final number. There will be many favourites for your young students in these.’