This is the perfect and straight-forward telling of the nativity story - exactly what it says on the cover! Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
This is a classic, traditional retelling of the nativity story.
About The Nativity
This is the perfect and straight-forward telling of the nativity story – exactly what it says on the cover! Includes a simple script with short lines for all the key characters – adaptable for small or large casts.
Along with the 8 catchy new songs from Niki Davies, we have also included the Christmas classic Little Donkey, every school’s favourite carol Away In A Manger, as well as Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, to be used as additional songs if you wish.
A fantastic and much requested Christmas play!
Available with a Words on Screen™ eSongbook allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
25 speaking parts easily reduced to 20. Speaking parts can be increased to 44 by splitting the narrator's lines and the shepherds' lines between more children.
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list and staging
- Curriculum links for each song
- Script with song lyrics for 8 songs
- Music score for 8 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Extra lyric sheets and music scores for 3 bonus tracks - Away In A Manger, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, The Little Donkey
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
I loved it so much because it really told the birth Jesus Christ on the day everyone did not feel nervous at all so I think it is great for all ages.I was an angel with all of the girls in my class
Our early years children performed this play and really enjoyed it. We had children ages 2-5 years and all of them were joining in with the songs and actions. Our reception children enjoyed practising their parts and learning their lines. We had positive feedback from the parents,some said it was the best play they'd ever seen. It is a simple but fun nativity for young children. Definitely recommend!
im year 4 and I did this play at my school I loved all the songs and my teacher put cool actions in to make it more fun .it was easy to learn my lines (my teacher added extra lines in because there was lots of us.) I hope my little sister gets to do this play when she starts school!
Simple, easy and enjoyable
We have performed this Nativity on several occasions, it is wonderful, the songs are easy to learn, it can be used as a total narrative with children simply singing each song. WONDERFUL
We performed this with our year 1 and 2 classes last year and it really was perfect! The speaking parts could be easily shared so that nobody had too much to learn and everybody could be stars! There were some great songs to make up dances to too! I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a traditional nativity which portrays the true meaning of Christmas!
I loved watching the nativity play
Oh my! Your nativity is GORGEOUS! And that rendims me.. we need to get ours out soon. That will make for a nice advent calendar activity (I add them 2-3 days at a time!).In Austria, we "hold Baby Jesus" back and don'y put him in the crib until the 24th in the evening. We also put the 3 Kings on the other side of the room. Come the 24th they start walking closer to the crib each day. Arriving on the 6th Jan. When we celebrate 3 Kings' Day with a cake!Maggy
Simple, but loved by all
We did this with a Whole Foundation Unit of 70 plus children. The children all loved it, the lines were simple enough for even our youngest (2 years old) children to remember what they had to say when. We also added in Away in a Manger and twinkle, twinkle.
Excellent, Easy and Enjoyable.
We performed this musical with our Foundation Unit children. They all enjoyed being part of it, the songs were catchy and the lines easy to learn. The big plus factor was that the children also learned and remembered the Christmas Story. Tip. The narration of the story was done by the class teacher. We included some solo singing of Away In A Manger and we added in the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at appropriate point with all LF children standing, singing and holding a star .nAll Parents were appreciative and not many dry eyes in the house.
Excellent, something for everyone to do.
We did this show last year for our small, but perfectly formed, village Sunday School. The songs were easy for the children to learn and there was a part for each of the children to play (we also had a host of beautiful little angels!). Well worth the money.