About It's A Baby!
Best selling children's Christmas musical by leading writers Mark and Helen Johnson
Simple songs ideally suited to younger voices
Narrative links and fantastic percussion parts provided
A nativity with a difference, It's a Baby!
tells the traditional story from the perspective of a weary innkeeper.
Containing nine songs written especially for 3 - 7 year olds, this childrens Christmas musical
is perfectly suited to younger voices - without compromising on musical quality.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity. For more information, please see below.
Teachers Book with:
- Overview of the songs and story
- Narrative and spoken links
- Lyric sheets and percussion parts for 10 songs
- Music score for 10 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this nativity)
- Licence & copyright details
Words on Screen™ Online with:
(Available with the purchase of Words on Screen™ v2 Premium and Upgrade packs only)
- An online copy of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ v2 song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- All the features of your Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM
|Running Time||30 minutes approx|
|Sample Script||View sample script|
List of Characters
|Narrator/s ||Narrator has 21 lines and part is suitable for adult/older child |
|Innkeeper ||A leading role with 6 important lines that help link the script and songs together, plus a solo in song 3. Would suit a confident actor |
|Joseph ||2 simple lines to perform and a duet with Mary in song 4, and optional solo in song 5 |
|Travellers/Guests ||Non-speaking and in small groups. They have a part to play in the performance of song 1 as they arrive at the inn and then good socialising skills thereafter (rhubarb, rhubarb!) |
|Angels ||As many as required, non-speaking parts. Ideally they will take centre stage during song 2 |
|Mary ||Non-speaking, but has an optional solo in song 5, and a duet with Joseph in song 4 |
|Baby Jesus ||Non-speaking! We suggest using a doll |
|Wise Men ||You'll need 3, non-speaking parts that take to the stage for song 7. Scope for some king-style Eastern dancing here too |
|Shepherds ||As many as required, non-speaking parts, but they lead the singing for song 8 |
Least no. of performers: 9 HOWEVER, this would mean just 1 angel, 2 shepherds, 4 guests who would also double as wise men and the narrator's parts being taken by an adult.
Increasing the cast: The cast can increase with non-speaking parts as much as you require. Narrator part is suitable for adult/older children or could be split between a group of children. Have as many travellers/guests, angels and shepherds as you like as well as adding non-speaking parts for a star, sheep and stable animals. There is also scope to include a band of percussionists.
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|My Words on Screen™ Online|
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also immediately receive a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your
Out of the Ark online account. The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product at no additional cost. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
You will find the PDFs and MP3s under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current Annual Performance Licence or Annual Digital Site Licence will be required to be able to continue streaming. Customers will receive a renewal notice by email 28 days before the end of the 12 month free period.
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a Words on Screen™ Single User Licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please purchase an Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights.
Annual Performance Licence Information
A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff).
- You can purchase an Annual Performance Licence above (it is cheaper when purchased as part of a product pack).
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering.
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence.
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Annual Performance Licence will grant you permission to:
- Perform the work to an audience (other than pupils and staff in schools). A licence is required even if it is a 'free' performance and this is a worldwide copyright requirement.
- Install Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period) for the duration of the licence.
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways. Please note that if you have purchased an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, this will cover the digital usage permissions in points 2-8 above for these products but does not cover the performance rights in point 1 – an Annual Performance Licence will still be required.
How To Renew
You can renew your Annual Performance Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.
|ISBN||9781901980103 Book & CD / 9781906988913 Book & CD ROM|