It’s a Baby! is a childrens Christmas musical told from the perspective of a weary innkeeper, who finds he's in for a sleepless night... Now Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Classic and timeless songs along with a short and sweet script, this one is a long-standing favourite!
About It's A Baby!
- Best selling children's Christmas musical by leading writers Mark and Helen Johnson
- Simple songs ideally suited to younger voices
- Narrative links and fantastic percussion parts provided
A nativity with a difference, It's a Baby! tells the traditional story from the perspective of a weary innkeeper.
Containing nine songs written especially for 3 - 7 year olds, this childrens Christmas musical is perfectly suited to younger voices - without compromising on musical quality.
Now available with Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a package that includes an eSongbook.
List of Characters
|Narrator/s||Narrator has 21 lines and part is suitable for adult/older child|
|Innkeeper||A leading role with 6 important lines that help link the script and songs together, plus a solo in song 3. Would suit a confident actor|
|Joseph||2 simple lines to perform and a duet with Mary in song 4, and optional solo in song 5|
|Travellers/Guests||Non-speaking and in small groups. They have a part to play in the performance of song 1 as they arrive at the inn and then good socialising skills thereafter (rhubarb, rhubarb!)|
|Angels||As many as required, non-speaking parts. Ideally they will take centre stage during song 2|
|Mary||Non-speaking, but has an optional solo in song 5, and a duet with Joseph in song 4|
|Baby Jesus||Non-speaking! We suggest using a doll|
|Wise Men||You'll need 3, non-speaking parts that take to the stage for song 7. Scope for some king-style Eastern dancing here too|
|Shepherds||As many as required, non-speaking parts, but they lead the singing for song 8|
Least no. of performers: 9 HOWEVER, this would mean just 1 angel, 2 shepherds, 4 guests who would also double as wise men and the narrator's parts being taken by an adult. This reduced cast size is only suitable if you are singing this year.
Increasing the cast: The cast can increase with non-speaking parts as much as you require. Narrator part is suitable for adult/older children or could be split between a group of children. Have as many travellers/guests, angels and shepherds as you like as well as adding non-speaking parts for a star, sheep and stable animals. There is also scope to include a band of percussionists.
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Overview of the songs and story
- Narrative and spoken links
- Lyric sheets and percussion parts for 10 songs
- Music score for 10 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts (including editable script*) & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
Great songs, good fun
I have done this musical twice, both times were great fun both for the kids and the audience. The songs are absolutely wonderful - easy to learn, but so tuneful and meaning ful
Lovely, lovely nativity.
As the teacher, even I didn't get fed up with these songs. I would do this one very year if I had my own way! The children enjoyed it too and the parents went away happy too.
I used this for Church, and it went down a storm! The children loved the songs - from 3 to 15 - all were singing every practice! There are good opportunities for some lovely simple solos, which made it. The congregation said afterwards that it was the best Nativity they had seen. Can't wait to buy another in series for this Christmas :0)
One of the best!
We have done this showwith nursery to p2 - all love the catchy songs and the story. The innkeepers song stole the show every time.
A great play i loved innkeepers song
We all had so much fun putting this on. Fantastic songs and a great finale. Year 2 and 3 were the main characters and we involved the rest of school with minor roles, dancing, musical accomaniment and singing back up. What fun!
Just saw my son be part of this play this afternoon and it was wonderful. I am going to purchase it to do in my church next year.
This play is excellent with lots of lovely songs which are very easy for young children to learn. I found I was singing these songs constantly after teaching them to the children as they are so catchy!
Great songs, easy for little ones to learn
My three year old daughter today took part in her first nativity. Our church put on "It's a baby". nnMy daughter and her liittle friend quickly picked up the gist of the songs, with their catchy tunes and actions. I've found myself singing "We've come to see the baby", "Knock, knock, knock on the door" etc. a lot these past few weeks. :)
Good and very funny
In our school 2nd class done it last year but this year 5th class are doing it!!!! Its going 2 be sssssooooo funny because insted of a group of 7 year olds doing it a group of 10~11 year olds are doing it. It should be very funny last year it was very good
Great songs, something for everyone.
We have done this for 2 years now, first with a year group of 45, then with 60. We wrote our own script in verse so that every child could have a part and fitted in the songs accordingly, along with some traditional carols.. Easy to learn lyrics, changes of tempo and opportunities for dance. Lots of humour as well as the whole story. The anthemic Worship Song brought tears to the eyes. Can't wait to do it again.