Sing, Explore, Discover!
Perfect for 3-7 year olds, this ingeniously inventive collection of 22 songs will make teaching science fun and fabulous! Available with Words on Screen™.
About Splendid Science Songs
- Valuable resource for Early-Years’ science, with a huge variety of topics covered and useful teacher’s notes giving ideas for extension work
- Fantastic variety of science-themed songs with fun, easy-to-learn content suitable for everyday use
- Same author as our popular songbooks in the Niki Davies Collections for Younger Voices including The Niki Davies Book Of Lovely Literacy Songs and The Niki Davies Book Of Marvellous Maths Songs
Encourage enquiring minds with What Would Happen If? or What Can I Use My Magnet For? Investigate waterproof materials by making teddy a raincoat, learn all about Mixing Paint, Evergreen And Deciduous Trees and how Gravity’s A Wonderful Thing and take a look at animal habitats in Could An Elephant Live In A Nest? With all this and more, this selection of songs will make learning and singing about science more enlightening than ever before!
Words on Screen™ Licence Information – What You Need To Know
- All of our eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only, or be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install our software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, you need an Annual Digital Site Licence which includes extended digital rights.
- A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
- An Annual Digital Site Licence does not include the right to perform any of our nativities or musicals. An Annual Performance Licence will be required. Find out more about Performance Licences.
- To renew your Annual Digital Site Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Listen to Songs
|Bend, Stretch, Squash, Twist (Malleable/non-malleable materials)|
|Top It Up (Survival)|
|Food Chain (How animals obtain their food from plants and other animals)|
|I Made My Teddy A Raincoat (Waterproof/non-waterproof materials)|
|Oh Dear, My Socks Are Smelly! (The five senses)|
|I'm A Little Seed (Seeds and growing)|
|I Want To Be Healthy (Living a healthy lifestyle)|
|I Am A Giant (Spacial awareness; big/small movements)|
|When I'm Running About (What happens to the body when it's active/not active)|
|What Can I Use My Magnet For? (Magnetism)|
|Mixing Paint (Mixing paint to get different colours)|
|Could An Elephant Live In A Nest? (Animal habitats)|
|Can I Spy With My Little Eye? (Identifying everyday materials)|
|Poo Detectives (Identifying different types of animal poo)|
|Gravity's A Wonderful Thing (Gravity)|
|What Will You Be? (Baby animals)|
|What Would Happen If? (How things work)|
|Evergreen And Deciduous Trees (Types of trees)|
|Spider Music (Dynamics, articulation and tempo)|
|Blow, Tap, Pluck, Shake (Sound production/homemade instruments)|
|Just Water, Fancy That! (Water in its different forms)|
|The Days Feel Short (Day length and how it varies)|
The following items are available for this product:
- Song lyrics for 22 songs
- Teaching notes and ideas for each song
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 22 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Digital Site Licence
This licence enables you to install the Words on Screen™ software for this title onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
If you have purchased multiple Words on Screen™ titles, this licence enables you to install the software for these titles onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs. (A cost-effective alternative to buying 4 or more single licences).
The children love these songs. They're very upbeat and catchy and the children really like the song Oh Dear, My Socks Are Smelly! I have used them in science lessons and in assemblies.they are amazing.
I go into schools and do science assemblies and the children seem to love these songs when I put them on for them to sing. They are also a great way to teach science in a fun way! I definitely recommend this songbook to any teacher or school.