Come aboard the longship as a group of Viking men and their sons prepare to go a-Viking, crossing the sea to invade the Lindisfarne monastery. Take part in a choreographed invasion set to exciting music and learn all about how the Vikings raided, the important role of the Viking women and the Vikings' legacy.
Includes fun cross-curricular ideas, such as: researching Viking musical instruments and inventing a Viking raid relay game.
About The Vikings
- Catchy and easy-to-learn songs
- Heaps of cross-curricular ideas to reinforce learning
- Recorder parts and choreography
Includes a Words on Screen™ eSongbook, that you can access instantly in your online account! The Words on Screen™ Player allows you to access all your resources available in the book and CD and also display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Class Assembly: The Vikings
View Cast List (37 KB)
29 speaking parts. Some of the groups of characters can be adapted to suit the size of your production.
Performing This Title
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, for customers who are only performing this title within a school setting, we have already included these licensing requirements within the purchase of the product. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.
Words on Screen™ Licence Information – What You Need To Know
- All of our eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, you need an Annual Digital Site Licence which includes extended digital rights.
- A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
- To renew your Annual Digital Site Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
The following items are available for this product:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 3 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Recorder part for Who'd Be A Viking Woman?
- Viking invasion choreography and percussion ideas
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
This licence enables you to install the Words on Screen™ software for this title onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
If you have purchased multiple Words on Screen™ titles, this licence enables you to install the software for these titles onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs. (A cost-effective alternative to buying 4 or more single licences).
This is such a great resource. The kids loved the songs and learnt them very quickly. The dance routine was easy to follow and the assembly itself was engaging. Thank you so much. I’ll certainly be using more of these resources. Thank you.
Tester Score 94.4%
What the tester said: ”The songs were appealing and liked by both boys and girls and also enhanced knowledge on the Vikings making an otherwise ordinary assembly into a more engaging lively performance. A brilliant idea for when the children are studying that particular topic and great fun too. We really enjoyed testing this product. The final song was challenging for even the more able students but provided differentiation in the lesson.”
You have done it again!! We have just finished the brand new "Vikings" assembly. Huge success, fabulous material, we love it. Thankyou again for listening to us and filling in our topic gap. Kings Heath Primary Academy (Northampton)