About Chantons! - Tous Les Jours
See It, Say It, Sing It, Learn It!
Chantons! - Tous Les Jours is a collection of activities and French songs for primary schools, providing a fun, interactive way to enjoy learning French. Using key vocabulary provided in 12 simple, catchy songs, this flexible, creative resource is ideal for any teacher to use. No music or language experience is required.
The songs in Chantons! - Tous Les Jours have been written specifically to introduce key vocabulary and core topic areas. Each is accompanied by interactive whiteboard activities, which introduce the key ideas and vocabulary used in each song, and provide songs in our Words on Screen™ Original format*. The Teacher's Book includes everything you need to help make learning a language accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
"This links well into French planning, has good ideas and activities and is easy and clear to use. It is a fantastic resource, children love the songs and learn the essential vocab they need in a fun way." Website review
Click on the images below to see examples of the resources included in Chantons! - Tous Les Jours.
The interactive vocabulary lesson pages use images and audio to establish the key words covered in the songs.
- Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP (Professional or Home Editions) or later
- 128MB RAM (256MB recommended) and 200MB hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 display
- Adobe Acrobat Reader included
Words on Screen™ User Licences
Words on Screen™ CD ROMs are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence.
Annual Digital Site Licences
With so many songbooks and audio files purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Out of the Ark’s Annual Digital Site Licences are the perfect solution!
Cost-effective and flexible, our digital licences give you peace of mind so that you know you are covered for all kinds of digital usage for 12 months, including permission to:
- Install Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period).
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways and will need to be renewed each year.
The following items are available for this product:
- How to use the book
- Song information for the 12 songs, including key vocabulary and additional activities linked to each song
- Song lyrics for 12 songs with translations
- Photocopiable activity sheets for each song
- Music score - melody line and chords
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ CD ROM
- Interactive vocabulary lesson pages for each song: Click on images to show the words in French, hear the words and phrases spoken, create sentences and play simple games
- Progress to the Words on Screen™ Original pages where the lyrics synchronise with the music
- Printable activity sheets for each song
- Printable lyric sheets with translations for each song
- Words on Screen™ Original user guide
- Licence and copyright details
- Free Adobe Reader
Annual Digital Site Licence information
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways and will need to be renewed each year. However, if you have a current Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, then ALL product titles that you have purchased are covered for digital permissions for one year without the need for individual licences.
You will receive a renewal notice by email 28 days before the end of any 12 month licence period.
You can renew your Annual Digital Site Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.
This is an excellent resource - probably better than most resources I've seen for MFL. It is the total package - ideas for lessons, worksheet for Afl and a song to remember the vocab - Utterly brilliant. I couldn't recommend this resoure highly enough. If you are struggling to teach French MFL - they buy this - you just don't need anything else!!!
Fun in French lessons!
I am really impresseed with the 'Frenchness' of the music. As a class teacher, this allows me to have real fun in French lessons. The kids cannot stop singing the songs.
Keep up the good work!
Keep up the good work, your music resources have enlivened our assemblies and school.
Such a fantastic resource
This links well into French planning, has good ideas and activities and is easy and clear to use. It is a fantastic resource, children love the songs and learn the essential vocab they need in a fun way.
A brilliant idea - long overdue!
Good value, very useful.
This is a very useful resource for people who are not confident in speaking French. It is helping the children to remember simple things like counting to 10. The CD-Roms are also useful as we can hear native French speakers saying the words. I am currently using this to teach KS2 and then following up with the worksheets.
I'm a fan
This is a fabulous resource. Once again Out of the Ark have got it spot on, catchy repeating choruses that are perfect for the children. I am an ardant fan.
The Words on Screen element is the most useful but the whole presentation of the book with ideas is superb! This is fantastic, easy to use and will bring hours of fun and learning. When is the scond book coming out?
Now we are showing off!
The level of vocab is just right for primary 5, the songs are bright and fun and we are now showing off what we are learning by teaching the other classes in assembly!
Easy To Follow
Good value for money, there is so much included here. It's easy to follow and the tunes are simple and catchy - it's also easy to install and straight forward to use. It covers the basics of French really well.
I would definitely recommend this resource
This caters for everybody in terms of ICT equipment, it is easy to use and install. I have much appreciated the photocopiable section. Everything can be accessed from the CD-Rom too, it's printable and can be prepared at home. The instrumental versions have been useful for learning purposes and the translations of the song lyrics prevent many questions about vocabulary. nI would definitely recommend this resource and have already done so!
A Good Tool
This is a good tool that can be used in whole school assemblies to try and increase the amount of exposure to French. Lets have a Spanish one!