Bring literacy to life with this exciting collection of 20 catchy songs that will have your class rhyming, segmenting, blending and creative-writing in no time! Available with Words on Screen™.
About Lovely Literacy
Written specifically for 3 – 7 year olds, this wonderful variety of literacy-themed songs are fun to sing and easy to learn.
With scope for including children's own rhymes and words, this valuable resource is packed full of phonemes, onomatopoeia, homophones, verbs and compound words, and if that's not enough to get you H, H, H, H, H, Huffed Out, the selection also includes a delightful journey to Rhyming Land and a fabulous hunt for an octopus.
The Niki Davies Book of Lovely Literacy Songs is curriculum based to support the teaching of literacy. So whether you want to give yourself a P-A-T on the back and a T-A-P on the knees, or learn a few of those difficult-to-spell words, this really is a fantastic selection of lovely literacy songs!
Now available with Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Words on Screen™ Licence Information – What You Need To Know
- All of our eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only, or be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install our software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, you need an Annual Digital Site Licence which includes extended digital rights.
- A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
- An Annual Digital Site Licence does not include the right to perform any of our nativities or musicals. An Annual Performance Licence will be required. Find out more about Performance Licences.
- To renew your Annual Digital Site Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Listen to Songs
|Give Yourself A P-A-T On The Back (Segmenting/blending letters)|
|Chalk and Cheese and Chatter (Digraphs)|
|We're Off To Rhyming Land (Rhyming)|
|The Cricket And The Bat (Homographs)|
|Hey, Mr Pirate! (Creative writing)|
|Big Elephants (Acronyms)|
|I'm H, H, H, H, H, Huffed Out! (Phonemes)|
|Once Upon A Time (Story formula; creative writing)|
|Animal Dictionary (Dictionary; alphabet)|
|We're Going To Find The Octopus (Onomatopoeia; creative writing)|
|Who Am I? (Fairytale characters; storytelling)|
|Whether the Weather (Homophones)|
|Lov-er-ly Mud (Onomatopoeia; adjectives)|
|There Was A Young Parrot Called Pog (Poetry; limerick)|
|Wobble, Wobble Jellyfish (Compound words)|
|Doing-word Day (Verbs)|
|It's Great When You Know The Alphabet! (Alphabet)|
|Books Are Amazing! (Information books)|
|Sing A J-E-T (Segmenting/blending letters)|
|Big Ben (Onomatopoeia; alliteration)|
The following items are available for this product:
- Song lyrics for 20 songs
- Teaching notes and ideas for each song
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 20 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Digital Site Licence
This licence enables you to install the Words on Screen™ software for this title onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
If you have purchased multiple Words on Screen™ titles, this licence enables you to install the software for these titles onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs. (A cost-effective alternative to buying 4 or more single licences).
Tester Score 92.5%
What the tester said: ”The children really enjoyed using the CD and I found the book very good as the CD wasn’t always needed. Lovely cheerful songs and I liked to hear child voices on the CD rather than adults. It helped develop good sitting and listening skills and worked well in small groups of children.”
A view from the nursery floor
This book of simple songs is aimed at developing understanding of story building and word use, and offers a creative way to help children with a preference for auditory learning. The book is marketed for children aged between three and seven years, but we felt that its emphasis on areas such as story beginnings, verb and adjective use and rhyming words would be suited to older Reception and Year 1 children in particular. This is a nice resource with a useful CD included that could help to make literacy lessons much more exciting.