A whole new concept in music-making for every teacher!
Pictures, Poems and Percussion is a beautifully illustrated collection of poems, jam-packed with an abundance of creative music-making ideas to enable you to explore and get creative with poetry and percussion. This fabulous book is for every teacher, no matter your musical experience. With beautifully illustrated visuals to give you the freedom to be creative with your class, brilliantly written poems to read or listen to and be inspired by, this delightful resource is full of a variety of activities and creative music-making ideas that help to address the composition strand of the National Curriculum for Music.
About Pictures, Poems & PercussionEach of our inspiring poems is read on the CD or eSongbook track, along with examples of accompanying percussion. Using the beautiful illustrations in the book or eSongbook resources, children can explore different sounds from the images they see and form their own musical interpretations. The exercise can be further developed into an art or literacy one, based on the images and sounds children have seen and heard. The poems can even be used to form the basis of a creative writing activity.
Pictures, Poems & Percussion includes a Words on Screen™ eSongbook, that you can access instantly in your online account! The Words on Screen™ Player allows you to access all your resources available in the book and CD and also display the poems on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The words synchronize with the audio track as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Words on Screen™ Licence Information – What You Need To Know
- All of our eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only, or be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install our software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, you need an Annual Digital Site Licence which includes extended digital rights.
- A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
- An Annual Digital Site Licence does not include the right to perform any of our nativities or musicals. An Annual Performance Licence will be required. Find out more about Performance Licences.
- To renew your Annual Digital Site Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
The following items are available for this product:
- The concept - poetry is music, develop music skills, rhythm, sound, structure
- How to use the resource - rhythmic & creative poems
- Types of percussion instruments - pitched and non-pitched
- Introductory activity before singing the poems
- Composition ideas and follow up work
- 12 beautifully illustrated poems
- 12 poems with suggestions for musical ideas to get you started!
- 12 poems
- All poems read, some with poem and percussion and percussion only
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable poems, activities and beautifully illustrated pictures
- Words on Screen™ versions of poems so that you can display the words on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The words synchronize with the backing track as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Digital Site Licence
This licence enables you to install the Words on Screen™ software for this title onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
If you have purchased multiple Words on Screen™ titles, this licence enables you to install the software for these titles onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs. (A cost-effective alternative to buying 4 or more single licences).
I am now on my second year of doing a pictures, poems and percussion unit. As a classroom music teacher I use both books and show them the pictures, have them listen to sounds and accompany them with instruments. we do a lot of comparing, We talk about dynamics, rhythm, tempo and form. So much literacy is included as well as the music aspects. I culminate with the students writing a poem for a picture, adding instruments to it and permorming it. Children love it. I do it with year 4 or 5.