From the best-selling writing team that brought you Peter Pan The Musical, Cinderella & Rockerfella and Aladdin Trouble comes this vibrant panto-musical, packed with songs to make you smile, a laugh-out-loud script and a wealth of colourful characters, old and new! We think you’ll love it! (OH YES YOU WILL!)
Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
It’s quirky, it’s joyful, it’s super-celebratory!
About A Hint Of Snow White
- From the best-selling writing team that brought you Peter Pan The Musical, You Are Special and Aladdin Trouble
- Helpful choreography ideas available with purchase, as well as notes for staging, costume and props suggestions
- Ideal as an end-of-year leavers’ production with an adaptable script for smaller or larger cast sizes
In the multi-coloured, magical kingdom of Duluxembourg, a land overlooked by a charming castle, a panto was brewing! Dive into this fabulously fun adventure with enchanted forests, some super-skilled individuals, questionable estate agents, magical mirrors and a Queen sassy enough to bring the house down! Full of unlikely friendships, happy endings and a good sprinkling of jokes and wit to have you belly-laughing the whole way home, this isn't a story you’ll want to miss. (OH NO YOU WON’T!)
We’ve thought long and hard during the process of adapting the story of Snow White and made it our goal to create something vibrant, relevant and inclusive for contemporary school performances.
Available with Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
PLUS, once you have purchased this musical, you can generate Share Links with a Sparkyard subscription or free trial, enabling your students to access the songs at home! Perfect for rehearsing solos, or learning and practising songs before the dress rehearsal.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this musical.
*with purchase of this musical.
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a package that includes an eSongbook.
There are 54 speaking parts.
Increasing The Cast Size
The speaking parts can easily be increased to 60 if you split some of the announcers’ and attendants’ lines between more children. Have as many additional non-speaking courtiers, cronies and woodland creatures as you like. Non-speaking woodland flowers and plants could be added too.
Decreasing The Cast Size
The speaking parts can be reduced to 43 by doing the following:
- Have only one courtier who takes all the courtier lines and doubles up as the woodcutter
- Have two trees instead of five, splitting the lines accordingly
- Have two attendants instead of three, splitting the lines accordingly
- Two of the bunnies double up as the two announcers
- One of the bunnies doubles up as Forest Arranger Dash
(Total length of music: 32 minutes approx)
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list
- Costumes and prop ideas
- Staging suggestions throughout
- Curriculum links
- Full script
- Song lyrics and music score for 11 songs, plus reprise and overture (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Sound Effects: Ping, Cauldron
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online version of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts (including editable script*), & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Stream or download your songs on the go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
*For your convenience, we have provided an editable script in Word format for this nativity or musical. The purpose of the editable script is to allow you to adjust the allocation of speaking parts for smaller or larger cast sizes and/or to make minor changes to the text for staging purposes.
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Sound Effects: Ping, Cauldron
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
Funny, exciting and feel good
My school did this play and it was hilarious to see the Cleanie Jeanie song have a solo part. Same with the mirror mirror song. Malodorous is evil but awesome and lickspittle is very obedient to malodorous. Great fun and is hilarious to watch.
A feel-good panto sure to bring the Christmas spirit to your school
Panto’s back. Oh yes, it is! You can’t beat a good panto at Christmas, but it’s quite the undertaking. Fear not though, as Out of the Ark Music has served up a showstopper for you and yours to perform, and it is refreshingly different. Panto is like a set of familiar Christmas decorations that gets unboxed every year; although the decorations are the same, they’re never hung on the tree in quite the same way. Similarly, A Hint Of Snow White presents a familiar tale while maintaing its own style and omitting some of the more problematic elements of the story. Many pantos are much of a muchness with familiar characters, jokes and well-worn routines, but not this one. A Hint of Snow White is set in the multi-coloured, mystical kingdom of Duluxembourg where wicked magic seeks to overthrow the good. And this is quite the quest! Panto is like a set of familiar Christmas decorations that get unboxed every year. Although the decorations are the same, they’re never hung on the tree in quite the same way and A Hint of Snow White has its own style, while some of the more problematic elements of the story have been omitted. Every panto needs a funny script with real adventure, danger, drama and jokes and this has all those in spades. Every panto should also have an array of colourful characters ready to steal the show and this one is full of quirky larger-than-life characters old and new. There are 54 speaking parts, from the small to the very large, including Queen Malodorous, Lickspittle, Snow White and Fairy G with plenty more for all speaking abilities. There are also suggestions for increasing and decreasing the cast size with ideas for staging and props. Part of the joy of watching panto is seeing the eclectic array of costumes, and those suggested in this production are full of bold colours, bright patterns and plenty of glitter and glam. Another of the most enjoyable parts of watching a panto is being able to get involved in the show. Luckily, A Hint of Snow White provides the audience with the opportunity for a good chunk of booing, hissing, cheering and applauding. The songs are all panto-ready and ‘singchronised’, too, and the brilliant lyrics will easily get stuck in the heads of the audience – always a sign of a good song sheet. The quality of the music and singing is always top-notch with Out of the Ark and the creativity is second to none, so you are guaranteed high production standards. This panto stands out head and shoulders above the rest. The script is hilarious, the songs are catchy, and everyone will leave with a big smile and plenty to talk about. A Hint of Snow White is a full-on show where the pace is maintained throughout, providing golden moments of fun and laughter. A lot of creative thought has clearly gone into presenting a well-worn story with a thoroughly modern, up-to-date script written for a target audience of family, friends and the wider school community. Panto is very often a child’s first exposure to theatre, and to have the chance to perform is something they will never forget.