Perfect for 3-6 year-olds, A King Is Born is a delightfully cosy nativity musical that tells the traditional Nativity story with a humorous script and 7 wonderfully fun songs. Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
It’s cosy, it’s fun and it’s cute!
About A King Is Born
- From the authors of best-selling nativities Straw & Order and A Midwife Crisis
- Includes a simple and humorous script with very small speaking parts, as well as 7 easy-to-learn songs that are especially suitable for younger children
Available with Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a pack that includes an eSongbook.
There are 30 speaking parts in this production. This can easily be increased by adding the optional scene that we have provided and splitting a number of parts.
The speaking parts can be easily decreased by reducing number of characters and doubling up parts. Further reductions would be possible with alterations to the script. See staging notes above for more details.
Total length of music: 11 minutes approx
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list
- Staging and prop suggestions
- A black and white version of the book cover to photocopy and use as the narrator's prop. Great also for children to colour in
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts, (including editable script*) & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
My daughter works in a nursery and this was their Christmas play. It looks so much fun for children to perform and even the kids who are quite shy are dancing and singing to every song. When my daughter bought this play for the nursery she didn't expect it to be so easy to direct and teach to the children. She's hoping to buy more out of the ark plays for the children. A big thanks from my daughter!
Perfect for our church
Our young church performed this on Christmas eve and it went really well. The children are ages 2-5 and all of them enjoyed singing and dancing to the songs. The parents said it's a very cute nativity and they could easily watch it again and again. I love how it has a twist but still includes the story of the first christmas. A very special play for both parents and children.
Prefect Junior Nativity
With catchy songs and a script that allows everyone to have a small speaking part, this Nativity was perfect for our Christian based school. True to the Christmas Nativity story, it combines humor with fun songs that the kids loved. We had so many positive comments from parents.
An awesome performance by our EYFS and KS1 children. The songs were catchy and the script was easy to follow. The teachers did a special dance to “A squash and a squeeze” Thank you out of the ark for always always coming through. I would recommend this Naitivity over and over and overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr again. #Awesome. Thumbs up!
The best yet
Loved this nativity for our Cnristmas Eve Special! Been doing this for 20 years and this is the best one yet! Can t recommend it enough!
A really good play
My sis did this play she loved singing all the songs and it was really fun to watch her perform she says it's the best play she's ever done . Thank you out of the ark .
What a pleasure it was to watch our year 1 and 2s perform A Kings is Born today. I’ve been teaching for over 20 years and was completely blown away by the beautifully crafted songs and engaging script. As a Christian too, it was sooo refreshing to have JESUS acknowledged as coming to earth 2000 years ago for you and me! I was in tears, that song really is a complete celebration and show stopper. I watched the children throwing their arms up in the air as they sang it - and imagined that heaven might well be like that. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou !! What a privilege it was to be in the audience. Keep doing what you’re doing. God bless you all at Out of the Ark
Breathe new life into your Christmas production
It might be only the beginning of term, but how many days is it until the nativity? Plan with purpose and get your nativity sorted early doors with A King Is Born. This is a life-saving resource that enables you to get organised and help you and your children pull off a polished performance to be proud of. It might be a traditional tale, but this is a new resource and is sure to breathe new life into your Christmas production. The teacher’s book has it all, including a character list, curriculum links, ideas for staging and props, an easy-to-follow script and lyrics for seven joyous songs with piano music. The script is sensibly written – it doesn’t go over-the-top or off track but includes plenty of humour and keeps speaking parts on the small side. The nativity is a tough nut to crack and do well, but the authors have combined to make A King Is Born an intelligent and faithful version, fed with humour and great songs that light up the room and have everyone glowing and smiling. Full review from Teach Primary magazine