Born in a Barn is a wonderful nativity play for 4-7 year olds, which children will enjoy performing and parents will love to watch. Now available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
With loads of 5* reviews from teachers round the world, this one speaks for itself!
About Born In A Barn
Celebrate the magic of Christmas with Born in a Barn, a charming nativity play for nursery and young primary school children.
There's a good deal of commotion in a Bethlehem stable when the animals realize that there's a baby in the barn! The cows, sheep, pigs, cat and cockerel all learn about their special guest from the donkey that brought the baby along as well as the guests that follow.
As more and more visitors arrive to greet the new king, the animals slowly realise what a privilege it is to share their home with such an important baby.
This exciting nativity play is perfect for involving nursery/reception children in a production with older infant-age children.
Available with Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Song notes
- Cast list
- Script and lyric sheets for 8 songs
- Music score for 8 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
This was a absolutely brilliant play. The children loved everything about it and parents kept coming to me and telling me how much fun it was to watch and that they really enjoyed it. I definitely recommend this to any school especially big schools (like ours ) as you can have groups of children dressed as the different animals in the barn. Thank you out of the ark.
My daughter did this play last year in year 2 and she loved it! Born in a barn has got to be the best play I've ever seen. 5 stars.
fantasic songs, very well written. My daughter and her school performed this and it was fantastic. very catchy
We have just done this Nativity, it is easy to teach. Year 2 took the main parts, and all managed to learn their parts easily. Some more minor parts were played by Year 1 and then we had reception and the nursery ( aged 3 to 4) as the supporting cast. he parents thought ti was one of the best performances they had seen. Our total cast was about 50.
My favourite school play - had the children and parents in stitches. Lovely songs and easy script for Year 1/2.
This was an excellent Nativity to involve and engage the whole of our Infant School. The parents really enjoyed it as it was traditional but had fun and humour too.
Best play to date
This is a fantastic play that our whole school (K-6) performed for our end of year Christmas Gathering. The script is funny and the songs are so catchy and enjoyable. The students had a great time performing and the whole school community really loved the funny storyline. Highly recommended!!!
Everybody's favourite nativity!
Our Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children performed this nativity last year. All the parents, children and staff agreed that it was the best nativity they had ever done/seen. The songs are very easy to learn and are extremely catchy... beware because you will wake up singing 'Born in a Barn!' We added an animal dance for our Reception children. Whilst having a strong message about the real meaning of Christmas, it really was fun, fun fun from start to finish! There was not a dry eye in our hall by the end of our performance and the children even got a standing ovation. A fabulous Infant produdtion.
i did this play at school i loved it
best one ever
We did this with the whole school the children loved it and I still hear snippets of the songs around school as children are working
5 stars - we loved it and the KS1 production at our son's school was perfectly balanced with roles for each of the year groups - still singing the theme song!!
A great musical to perform at Christmas time. Simple enough for all to achieve great results and wow the parents!
it was good fun
i am doing the play at my shcool it is so good i am a owl it is good being a owl i love the songs [ posted on 19/12/2009
Very good fun, good songs. Amazing show, would like to see it again!!!!!!!!
Modern retelling of the amazing Christmas Story!
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to do something completely different for their school Natvity play! My school put on two performances of Born in a Barn last Christmas and it was really amazing! We were very fortunate to have some money to buy costumes and a back drop but really all you need to make this work is a bit of creativity and enthusiam! The children absolutely loved it and it worked really well with Primary Two singing and playing the non speaking roles and the Primary 3 children taking the speaking roles. We had our p3 choir involved and lots of singing and dancing! The hall was filled with lots of smiles from both our children and their parents!! The feed back was brilliant and so this year we are trying Christmas with the Aliens!!
fantastic songs made the show brilliant for everyone!
Song were very easy to learn for the children. Great opportunity for a a solo donkey that had us all crying - soooooo sweet. You can add actions to the lively songs really easily and the parents loved it!
enjoyed by all!
Born in a Barn is a great nativity play for ks1. all the children teachers and parents enjoyed it and we managed to include all 150 children! Im back for this Christmas' play!
Fab . Songs were great and children loved them and found them easy to learn. We did it with Reception, year 1 and year 2 children.
Uplifting and fun, fun, fun
We have just finished our performances of this wonderful nativity play. The audiences loved it and there wasn't a dry eye in the house! We had 120 children aged 5 - 7 all singing acting and playing percussion. The older children took the main parts with the younger children being animals, shepherds and angels. This allowed us to divide the play into parts for more manageable rehearsals. The songs were punchy, humerous yet meaningful. A delightful experience for all and such great fun!
Very catchy songs!
We are performing this with Years 1 & 2. The songs are catchy and not too difficult to sing with plenty of scope to include solos and group singing and dancing parts. The script is good but some lines have had to be split to support the younger children. We've been singing it for several weeks and I still love it. Well worth a go!
Wow what great songs
Great script with lots of humour and lovely songs
Our Year 3 and Year 4 children are performing this play at Christmas. They are so enthusiastic that they have practically learnt the script already and we've only had 3 practises! There is lots of humour in the play, as long as you can get the children to use the correct expression. The children and I are looking forward to the performance.
Lovely script and songs - but very long lines!
We are performing this play with Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children. We love the script and songs, but unfortunately the lines are so long we have had to split them into two and three parts, creating yet more animals - we now have a very full stage! We wouldn't advise this play for Reception aged children (as it is listed), but it is lovely for older children. We are keeping our fingers crossed that everyone remembers where they are and what they have to say!