Gloria, the brightest star in all of heaven, takes centre stage on a tricky journey to Bethlehem as she lights the way for the three wise men. As Mary, Joseph and the shepherds also make the long journey, we meet Gabriel, the other angels and an angry King Herod. Will they all be able to reach Bethlehem safely to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus? I’m Gonna Shine! is a dazzling nativity musical for 5-9 year olds following the traditional Christmas story, with an entertaining script and seven contemporary, shiny new songs. Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
It’s bright, it’s fresh and it’s bags of fun!
About I'm Gonna Shine!
- Fantastic script and seven new songs that are ideal for 5-9 year olds.
- Adaptable script for smaller and larger group performances with ideas on staging, costumes and props.
- Two fun dance/action videos to accompany the songs, available online.
- Available with a Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Gloria, the brightest star of them all, has a really important job to do – she needs to shine, shine, shine so that the three wise men follow her all the way to Bethlehem.
Meanwhile, many others are making their separate journeys towards Bethlehem including a tired young couple, Mary and Joseph, and some shepherds whose ‘quiet night out’ is interrupted by the dazzling sights and sounds of a heavenly choir!
As you journey alongside the various travellers making their way to Bethlehem, find yourself drawn into the story of a search for true treasure, which culminates in the gathering at a humble stable where all are welcome to join in the rousing celebrations.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a Premium package that includes an eSongbook.
A note on stagingThe number of speaking parts is 59. This can easily be reduced to 35 by:
- Having just four stars and splitting their lines accordingly.
- Joe, Maudie and the seller doubling up as the shepherds, splitting the six shepherds’ lines between the three of them.
- Having just two customers who would double up as the angels (just two).
- Having just three sheep, splitting the lines accordingly, who would double up as the three camels.
- Having only two guards and two dancers who along with the servant and the jester would double up as the three innkeepers and the three innkeepers’ wives.
- Not having the two ‘children’ characters in the play.
Total performance: 50 minutes approx
Total length of music: 19 minutes approx.
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list
- Notes on staging
- Characters by scene
- Costume & prop suggestions
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 8 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online version of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts (including editable script*), & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Stream or download your songs on the go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
*For your convenience, we have provided an editable script in Word format for this nativity or musical. The purpose of the editable script is to allow you to adjust the allocation of speaking parts for smaller or larger cast sizes and/or to make minor changes to the text for staging purposes.
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
Fun and Upbeat Nativity
This was a really good musical to do - the songs were brilliant, catchy and modern and one of the best Natvities we've done.
The highlight of our Christmas celebrations.
The children and parents absolutely loved this nativity, particularly all of the songs. It was the highlight of our Christmas celebrations!
teachwire.net: Review Autumn 2019
It’s a good job Christmas is just once a year because I don’t think many teachers would be able to cope with the hysteria, especially when it’s your turn to do the Christmas production. Out of the Ark Music comes to the rescue with two new musical productions tailor-made for festive fun and frivolities. For ages 5-11 is Lights, Camel, Action 2! The Sequin, a flashy and ritzy nativity with a heavy dose of ‘Strictly’. The show is played out much like it does on TV, with contestants dancing to a box full of styles, from gospel to conga, and judges giving their witty and caustic feedback and scores. With 20 speaking parts, 16 essential non-speaking parts and a running time of around 40 minutes, this is a nativity with passion, attitude and sacks of fun. With more razzle dazzle than you can shake a stick of Blackpool rock at, this pure song and dance nativity is high-energy and fab-u-lous. This nativity also comes with a short compilation video of the dance moves. For ages 5-9 you could opt for I’m Gonna Shine! and take a trip to heaven to meet top star Gloria before heading down to Earth to the Oasis Retail Park where you can buy state-of-the-art camels with turbo spit and spare humps. This nativity celebrates the VIP-est of all VIPs in a production packed with comedy, taking in King Herod’s Palace, a trip to Bethlehem and a tumbledown stable. I’m Gonna Shine! reimagines the Christmas story and expands the characters but retains the core narrative, turning it into a fresh and modernised nativity performance. It is 50 minutes of pure joy and with 59 speaking parts, there’s plenty for everyone to be a star. Both resources come with a quality Teacher’s Book with staging directions, suggestions for staging and props, cross-curricular ideas, costume ideas, percussion suggestions, music score and song lyrics. Also included in the £55.85 price is an Audio CD containing high-quality backing and vocal tracks, Words on Screen v2 CD ROM and annual performance licence. These new nativities are life-savers and will ensure you are not tying yourself up in knots about performing the same old worn out production that folks have seen for the last decade. They are what Christmas is all about and the icing on top of the Christmas cake. The whole school community will love them.