I'm Gonna Shine!
Gloria, the brightest star in all of heaven, takes centre stage on a tricky journey to Bethlehem as she lights the way for the three wise men. As Mary, Joseph and the shepherds also make the long journey, we meet Gabriel, the other angels and an angry King Herod. Will they all be able to reach Bethlehem safely to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus? I’m Gonna Shine! is a dazzling nativity musical for 5-9 year olds following the traditional Christmas story, with an entertaining script and seven contemporary, shiny new songs. Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity. For more information, please see below.
COMING LATE-JULY! For more information or to pre-order, please telephone our Customer Services team on 020 8481 7200.
About I'm Gonna Shine!
- Fantastic script and seven new songs that are ideal for 5-9 year olds.
- Adaptable script for smaller and larger group performances with ideas on staging, costumes and props.
- Two fun dance/action videos to accompany the songs, available online.
- Available with a Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Gloria, the brightest star of them all, has a really important job to do – she needs to shine, shine, shine so that the three wise men follow her all the way to Bethlehem.
Meanwhile, many others are making their separate journeys towards Bethlehem including a tired young couple, Mary and Joseph, and some shepherds whose ‘quiet night out’ is interrupted by the dazzling sights and sounds of a heavenly choir!
As you journey alongside the various travellers making their way to Bethlehem, find yourself drawn into the story of a search for true treasure, which culminates in the gathering at a humble stable where all are welcome to join in the rousing celebrations.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
- Audio CD
- Words on Screen™ CD ROM
- Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- Annual Performance Licence
Total performance: 50 minutes approx
Total length of music: 19 minutes approx.
A note on stagingThe number of speaking parts is 59. This can easily be reduced to 35 by:
- Having just four stars and splitting their lines accordingly.
- Joe, Maudie and the seller doubling up as the shepherds, splitting the six shepherds’ lines between the three of them.
- Having just two customers who would double up as the angels (just two).
- Having just three sheep, splitting the lines accordingly, who would double up as the three camels.
- Having only two guards and two dancers who along with the servant and the jester would double up as the three innkeepers and the three innkeepers’ wives.
- Not having the two ‘children’ characters in the play.
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™ v2, you will also immediately receive a Words on Screen™ v2 eSongbook in your
Out of the Ark online account. The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product at no additional cost. Simply:
- Log in to your online account and select My Words on Screen™ Online
- Open the online streaming player
- Click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
You will find the PDFs and MP3s under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook.
From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
You can access these files in the same way if you are using the S!ngchronize™ player that you have downloaded and installed from our website. Simply refresh your player and select your eSongbook. For a downloaded player, you will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed S!ngchronize™ player version 2.0 or above.
Streaming is free for the first 12 months; after that a current Annual Performance Licence or Annual Digital Site Licence will be required to be able to continue streaming. Customers will receive a renewal notice by email 28 days before the end of the 12 month free period.
Words on Screen™ User Licences
Words on Screen™ CD ROMs are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please purchase an Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights.
Annual Performance Licence Information
A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff).
- You can purchase an Annual Performance Licence above (it is cheaper when purchased as part of a product pack).
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering.
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence.
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Annual Performance Licence will grant you permission to:
- Perform the work to an audience (other than pupils and staff in schools). A licence is required even if it is a 'free' performance and this is a worldwide copyright requirement.
- Install Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period) for the duration of the licence.
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways. Please note that if you have purchased an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, this will cover the digital usage permissions in points 2-8 above for these products but does not cover the performance rights in point 1 – an Annual Performance Licence will still be required.
How To Renew
You can renew your Annual Performance Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.
The list of what's available cannot be viewed for this product.
There are not yet any reviews for this product.