More than just a songbook, the award-winning Song & Story series is a hugely rich resource, perfect for Early Years' development.
The well-loved tale of Jack And The Beanstalk is retold through an easy script and 4 bite-size songs to give younger children a fun and manageable experience of performing a mini-musical. The product also comes with a fully narrated story for children to listen to and a mini-book with a simplified version of the story for them to read and illustrate.
Excellent value for money, this resource will enliven and enrich learning, both in music and literacy.
Now with Words on Screen™ that includes fully programmed narration, allowing the children to follow the words as they listen to the story, reinforcing their connection with the written word.
About Jack And The BeanstalkJack sells his families cow for some magic beans, which grow into an enormous beanstalk reaching high above the clouds. Jack climbs the beanstalk and finds a big bad giant in a castle. Jack must escape the giant and hopes to take the giants treasures with him!
Performing This Title
You are free to use the material in our Song and Story series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, for customers who are only performing this title within a school setting, we have already included these licensing requirements within the purchase of the product. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.
Words on Screen™ Licence Information – What You Need To Know
- All of our eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, you need an Annual Digital Site Licence which includes extended digital rights.
- A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
- To renew your Annual Digital Site Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
The following items are available for this product:
- Percussion notes
- Cast list
- Script with song lyrics
- Music score for 5 songs (Piano music score, melody, chords and percussion)
- Licence and copyright details
Extra FREE resources are available to download for this title:
- Script in child-friendly font
- Printable lyric sheets
- Mini-book with a simplified version of the story to read and illustrate.
On purchase of this title, you will receive a link in your paper invoice. Simply copy this link into your internet browser to access the resources.
- The story, beautifuly narrated with songs
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook:
- An online version of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores and additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Digital Site Licence
This licence enables you to install the Words on Screen™ software for this title onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
If you have purchased multiple Words on Screen™ titles, this licence enables you to install the software for these titles onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs. (A cost-effective alternative to buying 4 or more single licences).
A crowd pleaser
My grade 1 class performed this for their parents. The songs were catchy and each child sang with enthusiasm. A great link to our Plants topic in Science as well as Traditional Tales in Literacy. I can't wait to try one of the others in the series next year.
It was great with our kids they loved the songs
We did this production for our end of year Foundation Stage show. The children just loved the songs so much they still want to sing them weeks afterwards. The script was simple for us to put together with Reception children saying the lines. Absolutely brilliant, thank you Niki Davies!
This helped to make a brilliant class assembly. It was a real find and I would definitely use another title in the series.
My class of 3-4 year olds never tired of singing the songs in this wonderful production. The lines and songs were easy to learn and the children had a great time performing it for the school and their parents.
As a supply teacher this was such a find! The 5+6 year olds loved the songs and story, learning the songs after listening only once and really enjoying the whole package. 'Fe Fi Fo Fum' a great favourite. Thank you.
The children loved it. It was just long enough to get our teeth into to. The songs were easy to learn and fun to sing. Thank you out of the ark for making my job FUN !!
Our Nursery performed this at the end of the summer term. The songs were very easy to learn, and also easy to devise actions to. The children really engaged with the whole story. Fee Fi Fo Fum was a particular hit, especially with the reluctant singing boys!
My reception class (last term) loved this, and quickly learned the songs. It became their favourite choice for story time. Even though we did not put on a performance they got so much out of this play, will definitely be trying others this year.
Hit with Foundation!
Brilliant for Foundation (nursery and Reception)! many thanks.n
and a great show.
We performed the play to the rest of the school and parents today. Everyone said it was brilliant. I will definitely be buying the other two plays in the series.
I played this to my year 1 class today and they loved it. They have nearly learnt all the songs after just a few sing-throughs. They are really looking forward to performing this for parents. A great tie-in to my Traditional tales Literacy unit.