Join Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, and Wendy, Michael and John Darling as they encounter predatory pirates, Wild Warriors, shimmering but shallow mermaids and a crocodile with an insatiable appetite for Captain Hook! Let your imagination loose - set it free and lose yourself in a million miles of wonder with this magical leavers' school musical for 7-11 year olds. Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
In 1929, J M Barrie unexpectedly and generously gifted his copyright of Peter Pan to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that we will be paying royalties directly to GOSH as part of your songbook purchase and related performance-licence payment. Click here for more information. Additionally we are delighted to be raising awareness of Gosh's new campaign Build It, Beat It.
About Peter Pan The Musical
- From the best-selling writers who brought you Aladdin Trouble and Cinderella & Rockerfella
- Helpful choreography ideas available with purchase, including a pirate dance, how to stage a pirate fight scene and a helpful video showing how to stage a flying scene
- Audition suggestions, six pages of staging and choreography ideas, and costume and props suggestions included
- Ideal as an end-of-year leavers' production with an adaptable script for smaller or larger cast sizes
"Aren’t you game for an adventure?" Peter asks Wendy. "Always!" she replies.
Why not share Wendy’s pioneering spirit and take a soaring, uplifting journey all the way to Neverland, where the stories roam freely and the landscape is peopled with fascinating characters? Encounter predatory pirates, wild warriors, shimmering but shallow mermaids and a crocodile with an insatiable appetite for Captain Hook! Enjoy exciting escapades alongside Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, and Wendy, Michael and John Darling, as they rise above their everyday existence and venture into the unknown, passing the star that’s second to the right and flying straight on till morning. Lose yourself in a wonderful world of make-believe!
Peter Pan The Musical includes a Words on Screen™ eSongbook, that you can access instantly in your online account! The Words on Screen™ Player allows you to access all your resources available in the book and CD and also display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this musical.
There are 45 speaking parts (plus essential non-speaking roles – Shadow and fairies, although the mermaids could double as the fairies).
Increasing the cast size
The speaking parts can easily be increased to 60 if you allow for six additional wild warriors and split the lines accordingly; seven additional pirates and split the lines accordingly; and two narrators. Have as many additional non-speaking pirates, warriors and fairies as you like to further increase the cast size.
Decreasing the cast size
The cast list can be reduced to 32 speaking parts by doing the following:
- Reduce number of Wild Warriors to five and reallocate lines accordingly
- Pirates 1-5’s lines could be taken instead by the named pirates in the play
- Liza and Mrs Darling could double up as mermaids
- Mr Darling could double up as the Chief
- One child could say the twins’ lines
- Two of the Lost Boys could double as the Shadow and the Ship’s Cook
(Total length of music: 38 minutes approx)
Songs with harmonies and part-singing:
- Tell Me A Story
- Don't Look Down
- Wendy House
- Pirates Of The Sea
- Loyal To You We Stand
- How Did We End Up Here, Nana?
- Do You Believe In Fairies?
- You've Done It Again, Mr Smee!
- It's A Good Life!
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Cast List
- Costume Ideas
- Prop Ideas
- Characters By Scene
- Audition Pieces
- Directors' Assistant Section (Staging & Choreography)
- Script with staging suggestions throughout
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 12 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Sound Effects: Fairy Dust, Ticking, Arrow, Splash
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online version of your product to stream or download on-the-go
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts (including editable script*), & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Stream or download your songs on the go
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
*For your convenience, we have provided an editable script in Word format for this nativity or musical. The purpose of the editable script is to allow you to adjust the allocation of speaking parts for smaller or larger cast sizes and/or to make minor changes to the text for staging purposes.
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Sound effects: Fairy Dust, Ticking, Arrow, Splash
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
It's always a joy to watch our children shine!
We have just finished our fabulous production of 'Peter Pan'. Thanks @singoutoftheark for such a brilliant play: easy to put on; hilarious for adults; fun for the children; great songs. It's always a joy to watch our children shine!
We have just put on this show of Peter Pan with our Year 3 and 4s. The pupils absolutely loved it, great, catchy songs and fantastic script. We liked that we were able to group pupils into different characters and give them their own song. Lost Boys, Pirates (winner of a song), Mermaids and Warriors. Even able to give the Darling family a song as well. Easy to get costumes for, make props and scenery and we even had pupils flying over London on a green screen during the song 'Don't Look Down'. Can't wait to do it again in a few years.
Brilliant product students loved it
Brilliant. I work at a primary school and used this for the year 6 leavers show this year in july. The words on screen , the script and the CD and the songs were brilliant. Recommend 100 %
Full of magic from beginning to end
I just wanted to write to say thank you for the amazing work you've done on Peter Pan. We have performed most of your musicals over the last 15 years and have one performance (tonight) of Peter Pan left. It's been the most joyous one to perform, even beating Alice The Musical, which has been a long-held favourite. We have expanded the staging to include all 130 members of the school cast, for example, making the crocodile out of our Reception Class boys! The children have absolutely loved the songs and gobbled them up as quickly as we could introduce them, harmony parts and all. This is down to your amazing compositions which the children could access really easily and perform to a very high standard. They have also very much enjoyed the humour in the script and we've had no problem at all in getting lines learnt. The feedback from our first two shows has been phenomenal, which is particularly special for us having missed a Production last year and having had no singing in school for the whole covid period. So, from our whole school community, a huge thank you for bringing us this musical - it's been full of magic from beginning to end.
I work at a British International school in China and we have been very fortunate here in China to be able to go back to relative normality and so were extremely happy to be able to put on this year's production of Peter Pan as planned. What an amazing production to welcome parents back into our campus with! Everyone enjoyed the songs (they are still fresh in my head weeks after) and the script was full of humour (though the jokes are very British). We had a cast of around 50 found the script easy to accommodate all the children. We had extra crocodiles that made one big crocodile, warriors, pirates, lost boys etc. It was such an enjoyable script to work with. Thank you!!