Discover how a poem written by a parish priest resulted in the much-loved carol Silent Night. With an Austrian feel and a selection of well-known carols, this wonderful children’s nativity combines humour, drama and festive traditions. Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
About Silent Night
Silent Night is a delightful children's nativity set in 19th century Austria, where the villagers of Oberndorf are busy preparing for their Christmas Eve pageant. Amidst the hustle and bustle, they realise that naughty mice have destroyed the church organ. How will they organise music for their special celebrations at such short notice?
Discover through this beautifully adapted story how a poem written by a parish priest resulted in the well-loved carol Silent Night.
Featuring nine songs with an Austrian feel, including a medley of well-known carols, this children's nativity musical cleverly combines humour, drama and festive traditions to create a truly heart-warming Christmas play for 7-11 year olds.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ eSongbook allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
A fab-u-lous show!
Last week my class of Year 2 children performed 'Silent Night' to their families. The script I used was the simplified version which I had asked the company for last January and the writers kindly obliged. This was the best KS1 show I have done in a long time. The songs were easily learnt - helped by the CD which many of the children purchased - and the easier script was quick to learn. The children enjoyed being dancing villagers, scampering mice and ballet dancing snowflakes. A wonderful production - thank you as always Out of the Ark!
children loved it
My year 3's and 4's loved performing this. The songs were easy to learn. The script enabled many children to have a small part each. There were opportunities to have large groups of dancers and some played percussion instruments. Our audiences commented that it was the best Christmas play they had seen.
Entertaining to watch, enjoyable to teach and what fun to perform!
Our Year Four class adored performing this superb Christmas musical. The children learned the songs and script really quickly as they were enthused by the lyrics and enchanted by the storyline.nThank you.
Absolutely loved the script and music. Suited the youngest children in Year 3 up to the oldest in Year 6. Plenty of opportunities to choreograph the songs to involve many children.
this was the best christmas production I have ever done in schoolnnthere are lots of good songsnnand I have found doing this play was brilliantn