All the bees in Mr Waxworth's hive are on a quest to convince the world about the importance of bee-ing a bee. With a fabulous script and nine terrific songs to get you buzzing and bee-bopping, you just won’t bee-lieve how good this delightful and educational musical for 5-9 year olds is!
Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
About The Bee Musical
- Works as a whole-school production, but for smaller productions most suited to years 3 and 4
- Words on Screen™ for easy rehearsing using highlighted lyrics synchronized with the music
- Adaptable script for large group performances
- Suggested choreography videos available online
Every busy bee in Mr Waxworth’s hive is eager to do their part – except for one. Poor Grumble Bee! She just wants to do something special with her life and doesn’t see the point of finding nectar and collecting pollen all day long. After all, what’s important about that?
But, when world bee colonies start collapsing and a shortage of plants means they are unable to pollinate all sorts of food types or even feed themselves, Mr Waxworth and the bees put on their thinking caps to do something about it. Will the buzz surrounding the bees’ most exciting play of the year ‘The Bee’s Knees’, help Grumble Bee to realize just how vital the work of the bee is and convince everyone else to do their part to save the bees?
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this musical.
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a Premium package that includes an eSongbook.
There are 65 speaking parts in this production. These can be easily increased by adding more children to the large group scenes. The 65 speaking parts can also be decreased to 30 parts by reducing splitting lines and doubling up parts. See staging notes above for more details.
(Total length of music: 15 minutes approx)
Songs with Rounds, Part-Singing and/or Solos:
- I Want To Feel Important
- The Nectar Team
- To Be A Bee!
- To Be A Bee! (Reprise)
- Thinking Caps
Songs with Optional Harmonies:
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 9 songs (piano music score, melody and chords)
- Fantastically fun warm-ups activity page
- Character list
- Notes on staging and cast size
- Notes on costumes and props
- Curriculum links
- Licensing and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts (including editable script*), & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
*For your convenience, we have provided an editable script in Word format for this nativity or musical. The purpose of the editable script is to allow you to adjust the allocation of speaking parts for smaller or larger cast sizes and/or to make minor changes to the text for staging purposes.
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
Another amazing musical by Niki Davies! The script is a little challenging however children with a specific drive with be capable to deliver it. The songs within the musical are very catchy and follow a simple structure for everyone to follow. The musical covers a wide variety of curriculum links making it a brilliant opportunity for children to learn whilst having fun! I would highly recommend this musical for teachers who enjoy the 'drama' aspect of musicals. You can really push the children with the musical (Queen Bee is an excellent role). Props, staging and costumes can be made very simple!
Outstanding, Marvelous, Amazing!
A fantastic musical with a brilliant simple message/story! Easy to make a truly magnificent production from. Everyone loves the catchy songs, children really enjoyed performing and parents just loved the show.