Another successful nativity play from Niki Davies. Where we meet a lovable shepherd who just can't keep awake. Will he miss out on the big adventure? Available with Words on Screen™.
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
About The Sleepy Shepherd
A hugely successful nativity play from leading children's writer, Niki Davies. This time we meet a lovable shepherd who just can't keep awake. Will he miss out on the big adventure?
Seven catchy songs with the simplest of scripts tell the familiar Christmas story, in the form of a nativity musical. Guaranteed fun! A superb Christmas play for 3-6 year olds.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ eSongbook allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list
- Script with song lyrics for 7 songs
- Music score for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
Our foundation stage children performed this play. They really enjoyed singing all the songs and doing the actions. The parents found it very funny and there wasnt a dry eye in sight by the time it finished. I will definitely use this play again as it was liked by the parents,teachers and children
this nativity is so amazing and cute for this age range they all really enjoy it for the performances I have seen where schools have picked this title
Children love it
My daughter's nursery put this on last December. It's now June and my daughter still wants to listen to it on the computer and dance and sing along.
Last Christmas we performed The Sleepy Shepherd and it was fantastic. The children were aged from 3 to 15 and they loved it. The songs were easy to learn and so catchy. The congregation thought it was fantastic and said it was the best yet! Would highly recommend it. We also performed Whoops a Daisy Angel last year and this was also excellent too. Can't decide what to do for this Christmas but it will deinitely be from the Out of the Ark Music selection.
A wonderful resource
Last week we performed this over two nights. Taking part were around 170 children from FS, Y1 and Y2. Dances were added.nA parent commented on Facebook that it ought to be a karaoke show, as all the parents knew the words because their children have been singing the songs endlessly for weeks, they love them so much.nI can highly recommend the Out of the Ark Christmas musicals. We have done three now - Snowman at Sunset, Whoops-a-Daisy Angel and The Sleepy Shepherds. All three have been popular, are adaptable to suit numbers and very, very enjoyable. Keep them coming, please . . .
I have just come home from watching my son as the Sleepy Shepherd, and I loved it. Of course some may say I am biased as he took such a central role, but I thought it was refreshing to watch instead of the traditional Mary and Joseph. The children all got involved, the songs are lovely, thoroughly enjoyed it as did all the other parents I spoke to.
The Sleepy Shepherd was loved by Parents, children and staff.
We performed this play with 30 6 and 7 year olds. The staff were singing the songs for weeks afterwards and the children loved them! The audience responded well to the play and everyone enjoyed its Christmas message. I have no hesitation in recommending it.
I did The Sleepy Shepherd with 1st & 2nd Class (28 children), easy and lively songs, short lines, parents, staff and of course children loved it! Highly recommended! Look on you tube for ideas!
Made parents cry, was just so lovely
We did this with three classes, reception to y2 and had enough parts for al of the children to join in. nLoved by the kids and the teachers/parents alike, the songs are so easy to learn.
Having been involved in this production in the past, I can honestly say I have never yet to find any other Christmas nativity musical that matches this - another totally unique production from 'Out of the Ark'!