A Little Bird Told Me is an easy-to-perform nativity for children in which a little bird tells some exciting news about the birth of a very special King. Available with Words on Screen™.
"This is a wonderful resource that puts 'Christ' back into 'Christmas' in an infectiously fun-loving, yet straightforward, way. It is a charming nativity production where most of the hard work has been done in terms of music, story, plot and curriculum links. Even the least musical of practitioners will love this resource and be able to put on a great show." EYE Magazine
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
About A Little Bird Told MeWith a simple script that's straightforward to stage and seven catchy songs that are fun to sing and easy to learn, A Little Bird Told Me is an ideal nativity for children in KS1 to perform.
On a cold, snowy night in the middle of winter, little Robin is shivering away wishing he could be somewhere a little warmer. A little bird tells him of some exciting news about the birth of a very special king far away in Bethlehem, and he is invited to join a flock of birds flying south to visit the baby. On their way they meet shepherds, angels and wise men and come up with their own unique present for Jesus.
This is a wonderful resource that puts 'Christ' back into 'Christmas' in an infectiously fun-loving, yet straightforward, way. It is a charming nativity production where most of the hard work has been done in terms of music, story, plot and curriculum links. Even the least musical of practitioners will love this resource and be able to put on a great show. EYE Magazine
Available with Words on Screen™ allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a Premium package that includes an eSongbook.
View cast list (PDF 69KB)
There are 22 speaking parts in this production. This can easily be increased by splitting the narrator's and the birds' lines between more children.
The least number of performers is 23. This would require a teacher taking the narrator's part; only 4 birds; only 3 milky way stars (who would double up as a shepherd, and Mary and Joseph); the dove would double up as the star; and there would be no scene-setters.
Whole school: Have as many birds, milky way stars, shepherds, sheep, angels and scene-setters as you like.
25 minutes approx
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx)
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list and staging suggestions
- Curriculum links
- Script and song lyrics
- Music score for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts (including editable script*), & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
Our Y1 have just performed this nativity and I think it is one of the best from Out of the Ark! The songs are so catchy and the children absolutely loved a different perspective of the story - would highly recommend!
Our chosen play for 2020!
I have chosen this play for our class bubble to perform this year! I love how this play doesn't just focus on Mary, Joseph and the original nativity story as we love putting a little twist into our plays at our school. I just know the children are going to love all the songs and the theme. It's a shame the parents can't come and watch as our school hall is too small but I am sure they will enjoy watching our recorded version just as much. Another great play from Out Of The Ark well done!
Really enjoyed it
My little sister did this play . I really enjoyed watching her perform and I loved the songs just as much as she did.
I have just watched this nativity and loved it. Sweet storyline and great songs! Would highly recommend it.
nice and calm.
Perfect for our Reception classes
Loved this nativity - we had 60 Reception class children performing, with 42 choosing to have speaking parts. Really catchy songs and easy to learn script.
Performed with 110 infant aged children with the added flock of starlings, magpies, blue tits and blackbirds! Easy to do, catchy songs - we loved it!
Saw a nursery do this this week- amazing- still have the songs in my head!
Good but tricky
A lovely story with catchy songs the children really liked but we found it quite a bit harder for the children to master than some of the other Out of the Ark productions aimed at the same age group. Wouldn't attempt it with nursery and reception children alone.