It's Greek Day at school and everyone is involved - even Mrs Plato, the dinner lady. With the help of the Ancient Greek Teacher, the children discover ancient myths, legends and fables, take part in the original olympic games, perform Aesop's The Hare and the Tortoise and find out how Pheidippedes ran the first marathon.
That’s What I Call A Class Assembly is an exciting series of mini-musicals from Out of the Ark Music. Designed to support, consolidate and reinforce learning from key topics, these books really bring the curriculum to life. Through performing the catchy, fact-based songs and the short play, children will find it easy to retain the information they have learnt.
About The Ancient Greeks
- 3 catchy and easy-to-learn songs
- Heaps of interesting and fun cross-curricular ideas to reinforce learning
- Recorder parts
An action-packed songbook, to help teach children some key themes about this intriguing era in history!
Pupils will be delighted to be taking part in lessons with such engaging material, leaving them wanting to perform the songs again and again. If you are performing this title as a class assembly, your class can teach others about The Ancient Greeks too. Be prepared for lots of laughter and cheers when this title is performed to the rest of the school and to parents!
Class Assembly: The Ancient Greeks includes a Words on Screen™ eSongbook, that you can access instantly in your online account! The Words on Screen™ Player allows you to access all your resources available in the book and CD and also display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
Performing This Title
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, for customers who are only performing this title within a school setting, we have already included these licensing requirements within the purchase of the product. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.
Words on Screen™ Licence Information – What You Need To Know
- All of our eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, you need an Annual Digital Site Licence which includes extended digital rights.
- A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
- To renew your Annual Digital Site Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
The following items are available for this product:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 3 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Recorder part for The Olympians
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Digital Site Licence
This licence enables you to install the Words on Screen™ software for this title onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs.
A separate Annual Digital Site Licence is required for each product title. However, if you have four or more products that you wish to license, it is more cost-effective and convenient to purchase an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product. This licence gives you blanket digital permissions for ALL Out of the Ark products that you buy.
If you have purchased multiple Words on Screen™ titles, this licence enables you to install the software for these titles onto more than one computer or onto a network, or for multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs. (A cost-effective alternative to buying 4 or more single licences).
This resource is great. I am using it to link into all the Olympics work we are doing. Cross curricular resources are particularly useful. The kids love the songs!