In this great production, spend some time in an air-raid shelter with Warden Stringer and Mrs ‘Make Do And Mend’, whilst the young evacuees wave a fond farewell to their mums from the station platform.
About World War II
This brand new series of books with enhanced CD has been written to support and reinforce what children are already learning in their history topics. Through performing the catchy, fact-based songs alongside the short play, children will find it easier to retain the information they have learnt. They can then showcase their work either in a school assembly or in their own classroom.
World War Two includes Words on Screen™ Original songs on its enhanced CD.
- Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP (Professional or Home Editions) or later
- 128MB RAM (256MB recommended) and 200MB hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 display
- Adobe Acrobat Reader included
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.
The following items are available for this product:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 3 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Recorder part for We’re Going To The Country
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced Audio CD
Enhanced Audio CD with Words on Screen™ with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- All songs in our Words on Screen™ Original software, where the songs are displayed onto any whiteboard or screen and the words synchronise with the music
- Printable script
- Printable lyric sheets for songs
I used the songs with a y2/3 class. They loved them and were able to sing the parts with ease. The children performed in the school assembly and with the excellent backing track the performance by the children was good
I am a Kid In year 6. I did this performance in year 5. Personally i think it was great! The song acctually make you think of how lucky you are and i think i saw i tear in a parent's eye!. I would reccomend it, very easy to learn songs and words. By the way i was a child in the air raid shelter!
the best for people to sing songs in war time britain its ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggreat
I did this with the whole of KS2. I used my older girls for mothers and Y3 were evacuees. This is a wonderfully moving mini play which we put on at the end of term in assembly time. The children learned so many historical facts and loved dressing up in WW2 costumes. I've also done the Tudor play in this series, and this was also really well received by staff, pupils and parents. The songs are fab and easy to learn. A must have in every primary school!!!
This resource fits the bill in every way. The songs are great, easy to learn but not trite, and the script is adaptable to suit our needs. I was most impressed with the cross curricular links which are excellent. Our Year 6's loved doing this Assembly. Will there be more in this series?