At the museum of Victorian Childhood see the exhibits come to life! Meet the affluent Ponsonby-Brown family and their servants, witness the lives of working children and those living on the street, and take a glimpse at a Victorian school room.
About The Victorians
This brand new series of books with enhanced CD has been written to support and reinforce what children are already learning in their history topics. Through performing the catchy, fact-based songs alongside the short play, children will find it easier to retain the information they have learnt. They can then showcase their work either in a school assembly or in their own classroom.
The Victorians includes Words on Screen™ Original songs on its enhanced CD.
- Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP (Professional or Home Editions) or later
- 128MB RAM (256MB recommended) and 200MB hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 display
- Adobe Acrobat Reader included
You are free to use the material in our That's What I Call A Class Assembly! series for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please contact customer services on 020 8481 7200.
The following items are available for this product:
- Full script for the class assembly, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 4 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Recorder parts for Who Were The Victorians? and Song Of The Social Classes
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced Audio CD
Enhanced Audio CD with Words on Screen™ with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- All songs in our Words on Screen™ Original software, where the songs are displayed onto any whiteboard or screen and the words synchronise with the music
- Printable script
- Printable lyric sheets for songs
In the summer of 2016 our Y2s put on a Leaver's performance of "Now That's What I Call a Class Assembly: The Victorians" by Mary Green and Julie Stanley. At the end of the final performance the children received a standing ovation. A teaching assistant said to me, "Wow! We've never had one of those, before!" The Head Teacher had also been delighted because the children had learned so much educationally from topic learning it inspired and through the scenery, context, background of the play. The musical really was a fabulous finale to the term's work.
Many Thanks again for your fabulous work
I am the music teacher at KingsHeath Primary School in Northampton. Firstly, I would like to thank you for your wonderful resources. With your help, in 1 year, I have made music a major feature in the school with no shortage of musicians and keen teachers.nWe are absolutely loving the "Now that's what I call a class Assembly" series, we use most of the titles, but we have one gap in our topics and thought we would ask if you had any plans to produce a book on The Vikings.n