About Away In A Manger
From the same author as best-selling nativity Whoops-A-Daisy Angel
Curriculum links included, with ideas for extension work on the topics covered
Simple, easy to learn script that is ideal for 3-6 year olds
Maurice the mule is not happy! All he wants to do is munch away on some fresh hay and settle down for a peaceful night's sleep, but one by one he finds a hen, a mouse, a bird and a spider in his manger and he doesn't like sharing it with anyone!
Chasing them all away, Maurice tries to settle down to sleep when suddenly there is yet more commotion. Why is there a baby in his manger? And why have shepherds and kings come all this way to see him? Join Maurice and his friends as they try to puzzle out exactly what is going on in their busy stable!
Seven fantastically catchy songs and an adorable script make Away in a Manger
a future classic childrens nativity play
A Performance Licence is required to perform Away In A Manger. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teachers Book with:
- Cast list
- Staging ideas
- Curriculum links
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
21 minutes approx
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx)
|Solos/Parts||Song 6: Away In A Manger - solo for the first verse|
|Sample Script||View sample script (PDF 78KB)|
View cast list (PDF 74KB)
There are 19 speaking parts in this play and this is the least number of performers that are needed.
Whole school: Split the large narrator part into several speaking parts; have as many stable animals and shepherds as you like; include the four manger animals.
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
|Licence Information|| Performance Licence Information |
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes