About The Landlord's Cat
At a certain Bethlehem inn, the landlord's cat is so fed up with the hectic atmosphere and being ignored by his owner, that he is on the verge of leaving town. However, with the arrival of Mary and Joseph in the stable, as well as wise men and shepherds, the cat (being a wily and intuitive creature), senses that something very special is about to happen. Naturally he is determined to find out just what it is...
Now available with a Words on Screen™ eSongbook allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this nativity.
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
If you have purchased a Premium Pack online which includes Words on Screen™, you will immediately receive a Words on Screen™ eSongbook in your Out of the Ark Music online account. The eSongbook is where we bring together all of the digital resources available for your product. As well as being able to play the Words on Screen™ versions of your songs, you can also instantly access PDFs and MP3s for your product at no additional cost. If you have already downloaded and installed a Download Player from our website simply refresh your player and select your new eSongbook. You will need to download the eSongbook to your player before you can extract and save the PDFs and MP3s. You will also need to have installed Download Player version 2.0 or above.
If you don’t yet have a player then follow these instructions:
- Log in to your online account
- Within the My Words on Screen™ Online panel (on the My Account dashboard) choose either to Stream Online or Download Player
- Within the player click on All eSongbooks in the left hand menu and select your eSongbook
You will find the PDFs and MP3s under eSongbook Resources in the left hand menu of your eSongbook. From there, you can choose to extract and save All Audio MP3s, All Lyrics PDFs and All Score PDFs. If you just want the MP3s, lyrics or music score for one song, then select the song in the library and use the buttons in the Song Extras area at the bottom of the screen.
Words on Screen™ User Licences
Words on Screen™ eSongbooks are supplied with a single user licence which allows the Words on Screen™ software to be installed on ONE computer only.
To license the installation of the Words on Screen™ software onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please purchase an Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights.
Annual Performance Licence Information
A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this musical to an audience (other than to pupils & staff).
- You can purchase an Annual Performance Licence above (it is cheaper when purchased as part of a product pack).
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical within 12 months of the date of ordering.
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence.
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, you need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Annual Performance Licence will grant you permission to:
- Perform the work to an audience (other than pupils and staff in schools). A licence is required even if it is a 'free' performance and this is a worldwide copyright requirement.
- Install Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Download Words on Screen™ song files from a CD ROM onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Continue to stream Words on Screen™ songs from your Out of the Ark Music online account on any device (beyond your free period) for the duration of the licence.
- Copy song files from an Audio CD onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Copy MP3 audio files onto more than one computer or onto a network.
- Upload digital content to an intranet or learning platform.
- Permit usage of digital content at home for teachers for preparation purposes.
A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title that you use in any of these ways. Please note that if you have purchased an Annual Digital Site Licence – Multi-Product, this will cover the digital usage permissions in points 2-8 above for these products but does not cover the performance rights in point 1 – an Annual Performance Licence will still be required.
How To Renew
You can renew your Annual Performance Licences by simply logging into your account if you have one and going to your My Licences page. Pick the relevant licence and click RENEW.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character list
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 8 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts, & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Annual Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Annual Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Available in packs of 5, 10 or 20
We used this with Key Stage 1 last Christmas, and it is easily one of the best shows I have ever been a part of! The children absolutely the songs and everybody who came to watch the production thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't believe children so young managed to learn so many words and song lyrics. They produced such a slick performance thanks to the great script and lyrics. Highly recommend!
Fantastic kids Nativity
I have just seen my 4 year old boy perform this at school and we loved it. He is singing the catchy songs all the time!
We put on the nativity, The Landlord's Cat, last Christmas and we got many, many positive comments about what a wonderful production it was. I really want to repeat it this year, however we're going to have a go at Prickly Hay. I hope that it is just as good.
Our school staged The Landlord's Cat this Christmas, and it's the best nativity the school has done by a long shot -- funny and poignant by turns. People were humming the last song as they left the hall. Catchy tunes and lyrics and a lovely script. The kids obviously enjoyed every minute and performed the show with huge enthusiasm. We hadn't realised they were capable of so much! I highly recommend it.
Our Sunday Club performed this musical at our Christmas Service this morning and it was very well received by all who attended. The songs were catchy and easy to learn and the story line not too complicated. We only had a couple of Sundays to practise the whole performance and they sang with great gusto and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We had a cast of about 30 performers
I am so enjoying learning this at school!nWe are doing so well to learn it by next week!
I was lucky enough to be able to put on The Landlord's Cat before it was available for sale and I can say it is by far the best nativity I have staged. The children loved the songs, particularly 'A Cat Can Look At A King' and all the parents really enjoyed the show. The script captures the traditional Christmas story and includes some lovely witty moments. You won't be disappointed. This is certainly one I will be using again.