Wind In The Willows
by Mark and Helen Johnson, Script by Sue Langwade
Wind In The Willows™ is a brilliant musical based on the classic story by Kenneth Grahame. Follow the adventures and escapades of Ratty, Mole, Badger and the infamous Mr Toad in this delightful adaptation.
We have specially commissioned an artist to hand paint 11 stunning backdrops for you to use in your production of Wind in The Willows™. Each backdrop features a key moment in the story and is sure to make staging this wonderful musical just that little bit easier. View examples of the backdrops in the Product Images section.
Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About Wind in the Willows
The lively and absorbing script by Sue Langwade allows for the inclusion of many minor characters as well as the traditional key players. 12 great new songs by Mark and Helen, with a Twenties flavour, bring this wonderful story to life.
Wind In The Willows™ is perfectly suited to the upper Primary age-range, lasting approximately 80 minutes with a single interval. There is plenty of scope for solos, part-singing, choreography and audience participation, the whole production being massive fun to learn and perform.
A Performance Licence is required to perform Wind In The Willows. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
We have specially commissioned an artist to hand paint 11 stunning backdrops for you to use in your production of Wind in The Willows™. Each backdrop features a key moment in the story and is sure to make staging this wonderful musical just that little bit easier.
Each image is saved as a high resolution JPEG and can be projected onto a wall, projector screen or sheet using a standard projector connected to a computer. For ease of use, we have saved the images as a PowerPoint presentation. Each disk is made to order. View examples of the backdrops in the Product Images section above.
Backdrops include: Badger's House, Toad Hall Interior and Exterior, Moles House, River, Prison, Ratty's House and The Scary Woods.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teacher's Book No. 1 with:
- Cast list and casting tips
- Suggested choreography and song performance tips
- Suggested props
- Music score and song lyrics for 12 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Teacher's Book No. 2 with:
- Separate script - in 2 acts and adaptable
- Licence and copyright details
CD 1 with:
- Vocals sung by children
CD 2 (Enhanced) with:
- Professional backing tracks
- Sound effects
- Scene change music
Includes enhanced CD ROM (used in a computer) element that contains:
- Lyric sheets (OHP masters in PDF format)
- Printable script
- Cast checklist
- Poster (to advertise the show)
- A Words on Screen™ version of
OPTIONAL - Digital backdrops see images above
|Running Time||80 minutes approx|
|Sample Script||View sample script|
|Cast List||View cast list|
|Extra Downloads||View synopsis|
|Instant Access PDFs & MP3s|
UK Primary Schools and LEA Nurseries can still pay on invoice - just select the Purchase Order payment option at the checkout.
Your Instant Access PDF & MP3 Add-on Pack includes:
- A read only PDF of the Teacher's Book - text is not editable
- All vocal and backing tracks of the songs for this title in an MP3 format
Please note that after placing your order online you will receive a confirmation email which provides you with a link to access your Instant Access digital download. Alternatively log in to your Out of the Ark online website account and go to your My Instant Access PDFs & MP3s section to download your files.
You will have 3 attempts to download the files - you must SAVE first before opening the zip-file containing your download.
For full information on Instant Access PDFs & MP3s click here.
|Licence Information||Performance Licence Information |
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and nativities purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Continuing to stream Words on Screen™ v2 songs on multiple devices on an annual basis (beyond your free period)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of CDs for rehearsal purposes