The Tale Of 3 Trees is a mini-musical with a big heart.
Learn that everything has a purpose through the retelling of this poignant Christian folk tale. With four stunning songs and a simple script, this Easter musical is ideal for Easter performances, assemblies and Sunday School groups. Available with Words on Screen™
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this title. For more information, please click here.
About The Tale Of 3 Trees
- Works as a whole-class production
- Words on Screen™ for easy rehearsing using highlighted lyrics synchronized with the music
- Adaptable script for smaller Sunday school groups and classes
This mini-musical is based on the traditional folk tale, The Tale of Three Trees.
Three little trees growing up on the mountain top have big dreams of what they want to become, but one by one those hopes are dashed as they are chopped down and turned into seemingly insignificant things. However, God has an amazing plan for each tree – a plan that goes beyond any of their wildest dreams as they find themselves at the heart of the story of Jesus.
Full of hope and encouragement, this beautiful traditional folktale is retold with a simple script and four stunning songs that are full of the expectation, disappointment and ultimate joy of the story. With the climax focusing on the death and resurrection of Jesus, this mini-musical is perfect for Easter, but also suitable for year-round performances.
"What a delightful, easy to learn and use Easter resource. Our children were really excited, learning the songs and script in two weeks (Years R - 4). Definitely going to recommend using this again in our cycle of Easter services/concerts. You really can produce this as an easy concert with readings or a more involved performance. Thank you Ann Beresford and the Out of the Ark team." (Review by Pennywhistle)
Why not check out our Easter Pinterest board
for a whole host of Easter ideas!
An Annual Performance Licence is required to perform this musical.
An editable script is available for this product when you purchase a package that includes an eSongbook.
View staging suggestions
There are 16 speaking parts in this musical, but these can easily be increased to as many as 30 by splitting the narrator’s role into 8 parts; using 3 children to play each tree and having 2 carpenters, splitting the lines accordingly.
For increasing the number of non-speaking parts, have as many fishermen, Roman soldiers, members of the crowd and guards as you like. The trees (up to 3 children each) could be replaced by up to 9 other children who act out the objects the trees become when they are chopped down.
If you did want to reduce the cast, the narration could be taken by a teacher and the Roman soldiers could double up as the guards.
(Total length of music: 10 minutes approx)
- I'm So Disappointed
- I'm So Disappointed
- I Could Never Have Imagined
Annual Performance Licence Information - What You Need To Know
- A current Annual Performance Licence is required to perform a musical or nativity to an audience (other than to pupils & staff), including an online audience, and irrespective of whether admission charges are made.
- It is more cost effective to purchase an Annual Performance Licence as part of a complete product pack.
- An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
- To renew your Annual Peformance Licence, log into your account if you have one and go to your My Licences section.
Find out more about what your Annual Performance Licence will legally cover you to do.
All of our eSongbooks come with a Single User Licence
- This means you can install our Words on Screen™ software onto ONE computer only, or it can be streamed by a single user.
- If you would like to install this software onto your network server and/or two or more computers, or allow multiple users to stream Words on Screen™ songs, this will be covered by your Annual Performance Licence which includes extended digital rights. For more information, click here.
The following items are available for this product:
- Character List
- Script with staging suggestions
- Suggestions for staging and props
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 4 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Teaching ideas
- Licence and copyright details
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ eSongbook
- An online Words on Screen™ product to stream or download
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts, (including editable script*) & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Flexibility to create an expandable library of Words on Screen™ song collections, nativities and musicals in your Out of the Ark online account
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this musical)
- Licence & copyright details
Annual Performance Licence
An Annual Performance Licence covers any number of performances of a particular musical or nativity within 12 months of the date of ordering. A separate Annual Performance Licence is required for each product title.
Very sweet-- not like other cringy, meaningless "Christian" plays
It is a beautiful, meaningful and sweet play and its moral comes across very nicely! Very catchy songs as well.
Outstanding sensitivity - hugely recommended
Presents the very tricky themes of the Easter story with great clarity & sensitivity. It's no mean feat to address the crucifixion of Jesus, nails & all. The very young performers understood the deep meaning of the simple words they spoke and sang and delivered them with great heart & enthusiasm. The music is delightful & the whole production moved staff and parents. It was almost overwhelming in its simplicity. Good Job to all who had a hand in this project
Excellent KS1/KS2 Easter Concert/Production
What a delightful, easy to learn and use Easter resource. Our children were really excited, learning the songs and script in two weeks (Years R - 4). Definitely going to recommend using this again in our cycle of Easter services/concerts. You really can produce this as an easy concert with readings or a more involved performance. Thank you Ann Berefsord and the Out of the Ark team.